Alien Isolation – Oculus CV1 – HOW TO PLAY

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Alien Isolation – Oculus CV1 – HOW TO PLAY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    coleonline
    Participant

Hello Folks,

I’m simply looking for instructions on how to make Alien Isolation work with the CV1. Everything I’ve found on the web appears from a year plus ago, and refers to the Oculus being in extended mode.

Can someone please provide simple instructions to get me started?

Thanks!

corporatezombie
    Participant

1) Set field of view to 100. Do this by editing ENGINE_SETTINGS.XML file in notepad.
    You will probably find the file in this directory.
    D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Alien Isolation\DATA
    But you may have installed it to a different drive.

Then add in this line to the file.
    <Quality name=”100″ precedence=”8″ float=”100.0″/>

You should place the line, under this heading, which you will find in the file.
    -<Setting name=”Field Of View”>

Save the file!

2) Run VorpX
    3) Run Alien Isolation
    4) Go to options > Video and set resolution to 1280×1024, and set field of view to the new 100 option.
    5) Press “del” and in the VorpX settings set the 3d mode to Z-adaptive. This is because Geometry 3d has (for me at least) different shadows and lighting in each eye – which look terrible!
    6) Play the game! (and hope it doesn’t crash!)

That’s as far as I’ve got!

GeraldEvans
    Participant

Do you not lose head tracking as soon as you move? That’s what happens for me every time.

Strifey7
    Participant

To fix the head tracking override the xbox xontroller. That made it work for me.

yugdesiral
    Participant

It crashes when I try to run it on Vive. I tried all profiles that were uploaded. Some didn’t inject and the rest crashed on launch. Any ideas?

Strifey7
    Participant

I had the same problem with Rift cv1. Hand write the <Quality name=”100″ precedence=”8″ float=”100.0″/> for when I copy pasted it, some of the “” and other symbols were not working. That should fix it.

neurocrash
    Participant

Shadows don’t render correctly in geometry mode, and the recommended Z-adaptive mode does not appear to be 3D at all. There has to be a better solution.

neurocrash
    Participant

Is there a way to disable shadows in AI?

oqvist
    Participant

1) Set field of view to 100. Do this by editing ENGINE_SETTINGS.XML file in notepad.
    You will probably find the file in this directory.
    D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Alien Isolation\DATA
    But you may have installed it to a different drive.

Then add in this line to the file.
    <Quality name=”100″ precedence=”8″ float=”100.0″/>

You should place the line, under this heading, which you will find in the file.
    -<Setting name=”Field Of View”>

Save the file!

2) Run VorpX
    3) Run Alien Isolation
    4) Go to options > Video and set resolution to 1280×1024, and set field of view to the new 100 option.
    5) Press “del” and in the VorpX settings set the 3d mode to Z-adaptive. This is because Geometry 3d has (for me at least) different shadows and lighting in each eye – which look terrible!
    6) Play the game! (and hope it doesn’t crash!)

That’s as far as I’ve got!

Thanks that works well here. Beside the menu, computer mails and cut scenes as I can´t see the entire screen. Is there a hotkey to virtual cinema mode? That would help a lot

Tummie555
    Participant

Pressing mouse wheel and you enter cinema mode.

Szabby
    Participant

Hi Guys! We’ve just started a petition to SEGA about Alien Isolation CV1 support here: https://www.change.org/p/sega-alien-isolation-vr-support-for-oculus-cv1-and-htc-vive?recruiter=591235358&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

Perhaps it worths a try. If you agree, please, sign it!

dlads
    Participant

We need a few screen shots of the settings so people can simply copy them when they need to, lol how do you grab a screen shot of whats on the oculus? :)

I’ve tried most of the settings on alien, the writing on the far left bottom corner is always out of shot, nausea kicks in quite a bit too which is a bit crap.

Also does anyone get jitter? I’ve tried all 3D types, Geometry has been the best so far, on launch it’s perfect but then get’s progressively worse.

Bought the game just for the Oculus too, such a shame they didn’t implement it properly, they’d have sold a truckload of games on steam.

It’s also only £9 on cdkeyhouse too, beats £30 on steam :)

I’ll try to get my settings so we can compare too.

EDIT: Is there anywhere we can pull all settings from Vorpx so we can compare easier? I’ve just tried by taking the oculus on and off and it took ages, got to the third page and thought there must be an easier way to do this.

dlads
    Participant

This is as far as i got

Main settings

3D reconstruction – Geometry
    Separation – 0.90
    3D FOV enhancement – 1.10
    Camera height modifier – 0.00
    Focal offset – 0.00

Image settings

Crystal clear – High
    Black smear – on
    Game hud scale – 1.00
    Game hud scale ho
    rizontal – 1.00
    Game hud depth – 0.90
    Aspect Ratio – Pixel 1:1
    Image Zoom – 0.91
    2D FOV – 0.00

Krissche
    Participant

I bought Alien isolation again (ps4 before) just to be able to play it in my cv1, but vorpx doesn’t seem to hook on to any game I have in steam, far cry from the uplay launcher works fine but no games in steam. Help? I have launched it separate from steam and launched as administrator and it doesn’t matter, the game is already configured for the headset.

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

Some dude is releasing an Alien Isolation mod very soon. He said so a few days ago, so people could buy it on sale if interested. That will probably be much better than Vorpx, so I suggest waiting until that releases.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!