Battlefield 1 setup

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Battlefield 1 setup

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    AmazingSandwich
    Participant

I have managed to get a really solid Battlefield 1 setup going so far, thought I would share it if people are looking at that game.

step 1
    download online profile by “piebald3”

step 2
    adjust in game FOV to it’s max settings

step 3
    tweak values of:
    GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaHeight as needed
    and
    GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth as needed
    in “PROFSAVE_profile” found in C:\Users\(your user name)\Documents\Battlefield 1\settings
    (note this setting is optional but if you lower the value below 1 this brings the hud elements into view like the minimap.. which is useful)

step 4
    adjust physical distance to face of lens on actual headset and adjust vorpx FOV and image zoom settings until comfortable

Godlock
    Participant

Where did you get this profile? I only see people mentioning they used it not where to get it. Yes I googled it.

AmazingSandwich
    Participant

step 1
    Open Vorpx

Step 2
    click “cloud profiles” on left

step 3
    type in name of game “Battlefield 1” under the “Game/App” field (note: if you havn’t logged in with a user name you will have to make this now before it loads in online profiles)

step 4
    select the one by piebald3 (his name will be in brackets after name of game)

step 5
    click “import profile” button

psyx
    Participant

Does it have 3D Geometry?

AmazingSandwich
    Participant

Yeah i think so? it runs great

igbeserk
    Participant

what are your settings for the GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaHeight GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth. i have a monitor that does 1080p so should it be 1920 1080 for me?

this is what mine shows up as
    “1920
    GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaHeight 1.000000
    GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth 1.000000”

i have a 24 inch 1080p monitor with hdmi.

piebald3
    Participant

Wow, I didn’t realize how popular my profile had become. Nifty. I was just mucking around when the free beta was live. Nice job on the suggested tweaks. I didn’t put a lot of time into it after I got it to hook and I never even ended up buying it for PC. Glad some people are getting some use out of it and making it better. Was finally thinking about grabbing it with all the Black Friday sales going on.

AmazingSandwich
    Participant

Hey igbeserk, this is what I use:

GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaHeight 0.850000
    GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth 0.400000

You will also want to turn off achievement notifications and some other stuff in settings just FYI. When you pull the map and display in like this those kind of things will show up right in your view if not disabled I have found.

markyboyz1300
    Participant

any setting I can change so when i move my head my gun stays in the same position,i have enabled head tracking on the main page of vorpx but when i move my head in game the gun moves too and I aim with my head

StreetPreacher
    Participant

any setting I can change so when i move my head my gun stays in the same position,i have enabled head tracking on the main page of vorpx but when i move my head in game the gun moves too and I aim with my head

I don’t think that decoupled aim/movement will be possible?

skyiskult
    Participant

tried it but z3d is has no depth at all
    and g3d is missing the right eye it just stays black

any suggestions?

Aardvark
    Participant

very cool to see in action…

but it’s a damn shame there is NO 3D at all..
    no Z-3D.. no D3D..

the only 3D is in the menu with the cursor..

so it’s a real trade-off.. immersion and gaze control, vs resolution and better framerate.

if there were a 3D solution, I would use this all the time.

-g

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!