Battlefield 4

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Battlefield 4

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Rotorblade
    Participant

One more thing. I think the head movement with moving the cursor in BF4 is spot on and intuitive. I don’t find the head movement really combats the mouse movement. I think people who may have unsteady head habits will probably have the issue but for me sniping, driving tanks, support roll laying down tons of rounds with no issues with the headmovement combined with mouse movement. VorpX you guys rock!

Russbo
    Participant

Fantastic Rotorblade! Thanks very much. This specific method, launching with the x86 game through origin and disabling ingame worked a charm :D

I will have to tweak the game to work nicely now. Having a bit of an issue with the player flitting 180 degrees when using the left stick.

Most of my VorpX problems seem to relate to input.

tonyvn
    Participant

Can’t wait to give the above a go.

I had it working from time to time.

But the FOV was always off. FOV settings seem to change in Multiplayer, but not singple player.

Can anybody confirm how this is changed for singleplayer?

deathadda88
    Participant

I have finally got BF4 working in both singleplayer and multiplayer. All I had to do all along was right click, and then select run on oculus rift….lol

The problem is I have no chance in multiplayer. The resolution is way too low to be playable and I can not see dark areas properly…the CV1 must be at the very least 1440p….

Thanks Ralf for this great injector. I love it.

Rotorblade
    Participant

Fantastic Rotorblade! Thanks very much. This specific method, launching with the x86 game through origin and disabling ingame worked a charm :D

I will have to tweak the game to work nicely now. Having a bit of an issue with the player flitting 180 degrees when using the left stick.

Most of my VorpX problems seem to relate to input.

Dood, that is fantastic that my suggested fix was able to help someone else out. Last night I spent more time in BF4 playing around with all the settings. VorpX has a lot of stuff to tinker with and I don’t fully understand yet. After tinkering around for a while I was able to tweak it to the least amount of strain on my eyes and to improve the fun with the view. I am going to have to go cruising the game settings area to try to find some suggestions.

I am wondering right now how you’re supposed to do the measurement calibration in VorpX with the lines/grid. Are you supposed to relax your eye’s and wait till the grids match up or do you adjust so theres the least amount of strain? Sorry for asking if this is said somewhere else.

Russbo
    Participant

I’m really grateful you found a solution and posted it so clearly xD

Unfortunately I can’t find settings that work for me. I still have serious VorpX input issues, much like I did with Skyrim and everything feels zoomed in the game which I can’t seem to resolve.

What settings do you use?

CuttyMcStabStab
    Participant

Does anyone know how to rebind the shift+space key combo the resets the view? On a running jump(sift+space) the view is reset changing the movement direction. can i use any other key to rebind the view reset function(sift+space)?

Silithas
    Participant

Alright I finally got Battlefield 4 to work.

The fix for me that finally got it working:

Step 1: Launch Origin

Step 2: Right click on battlefield 4 and go down to Game Properties

Step 3: change “When Launching this game” to “Battlefield 4 (x86)”

Step 4: check mark “disable Origin in Game for this game”

It fixed the game and gave it “3d”, but it doesn’t track your head movement nor position. Plus when i click escape, the game gets blurry, but no menu options. It doesn’t freeze, it just ain’t any menues there :S

And how can i get it to work with wow?

theropissed
    Participant

So I’ve tried to get this to work with my Oculus DK2 and currently I can get the view on the monitor of both, but not on the oculus. Nothing appears on the oculus, I’ve tried all the suggestions in this thread.

But I’ll try them again, anyone else have issues or maybe a work around?

I have it extended to HMD.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Two things come to mind:

1) The game isn’t set to 1920×1080 fullscreen!. Fullscreen is important (if the game opens windowed, pressing ALT+Enter may also suffice, provided 2) is set up correctly.

2) The display configuration isn’t correct: you have two options to use vorpX:

A. The convenient one (works with most games)

1. Set the Rift DK2 to “Extend Desktop to HMD”
    2. Use the Rift DK2 as SECONDARY monitor in Windows
    3. Set the Rift DK2 to “Portrait” mode in Windows
    (might be “Landscape flipped” in Windows 8)
    4. Set vorpX to “Show on DK2″ display wise in the vorpX config app.

B. The compatible one

1. Set the Rift DK2 to “Extend Desktop to HMD”
    2. Use the Rift DK2 as PRIMARY monitor in Windows
    3. Set the Rift DK2 to “Portrait” mode in Windows
    (might be “Landscape flipped” in Windows 8)
    4. Set vorpX to “Use system settings” display wise in the vorpX config app.

It is important to choose the right setting in the vorpX config app according to your display settings in Windows. It is important to choose the right setting in the vorpX config app according to your display settings in Windows.

For a more detailed guide including screenshots please check the DK2 setup guide that comes with vorpX.

adisplinter
    Participant

For anyone trying to play the BF4 campaign with vorpX, in order to reduce the “zoomed in” effect, do this:

1. Install and run Flawless Widescreen (64bit), set path, select Battlefield 4 from the list and turn the slider all the way to the right (higher)
    2. Launch BF4 (64bit), load a mission, presc Esc and press Del to access vorpX menu
    3. Select page 2 (display) and set Aspect Ratio to Letterbox 1, 2D FOV Enhancement to 1 and Image Zoom to 0.90 (any less then this and you will see screen borders, thus breaking the VR immersion)
    4. Enjoy a playable BF4 VR experience ;)

The “zoomed in” effect is still there but far less visible, middle range and distant objects appear just fine, only close objects seem zoomed. Oh, and don’t bother using BF4’s in-game FOV sliders from video options, those work only for multiplayer, no effect for campaign mode.

This solution is also applicable to other vorpX compatible games that suffer from limited FOV. They only need to be detected by Flawless Widescreen.

grumdark
    Participant

I use a very similar configuration,also often use options flawless widescreen program,to improve some games.

Add before step 1,apply corresponding entry Battlefield 4 in optimizer game setting in vorpx(external config)this fixes HUD during the campaign to represent correctly.
    Enable black smear:On
    I would also add another second point,NEVER APPLY MSAA filter in 3d z buffer,because it causes the loss of 3d z-modes.

adisplinter
    Participant

Exactly, grumdark, I remembered that I initially applied Battlefield 4 settings in vorpX’s Games Settings Optimizer after I started playing again but unfortunately I didn’t see any edit option to modify my post, thank you for pointing that out, it’s very useful in order to have visible HUD in VR.

Also, you are right about the MSAA filter, I had it disabled from the start so I didn’t know that. As for black smear I didn’t see any difference whether it was on or off, it may be useful for some.

Williambarbosa88
    Participant

Good afternoon I can not make my vorpx work on my oculus rift dk2?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!