Cannot start VorpX – Kaspersky detects virus in update process

Homepage Forums Technical Support Cannot start VorpX – Kaspersky detects virus in update process

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pulsahr
    Participant

Kaspersky detects a malware, then after a few other messages :

The file “vxs-update-43debc1-0.exe” was deleted because recovery was impossible.

Apparently, I cannot start VorpX without this update process, which is a blocking problem.

I’m open to several solutions :
    best : clean the update for anything that seems malicious to Kaspersky.
    alternatives : tell me how I can start VorpX without the update process.

Thank you.

nieda113
    Participant

just whitelist vorpx …..

Chaz
    Participant

The problem is it’s not quite that easy.

The file is created as a one off in the Appdata/local/temp folder. So each time you add that specific file to the ignore list and reboot, a new file gets created the next time you try and start the app, which again gets flagged. Adding the Vorpx application to the list of trusted apps does not stop this.

I know it’s a false positive but I have no idea how to flag this with Kaspersky. The only way around this at the moment is to pause the AV protection whilst using Vorpx, which is not good.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The best course of action in many ways is to get rid of that $!%$?$$!!$ fantastic AV-software and switch to Windows Defender, which comes free with Windows 10. Windows Defender provides good protection without the annoying invasiveness of some other scanners.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!