Cloud Profiles "Can't login"

Homepage Forums Technical Support Cloud Profiles "Can't login"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    digone
    Participant

I’m trying to log into the program and the following message appears “Cloud connection: unavailable. Please try again later.”
    I disabled the anti-virus, firewall, and run as administrator and this constant error continues.
    What else can I try?

I emailed support and they have so far nothing to answer me

Ralf
    Keymaster

Definitely some network error, can’t really recommend anything else than double and triple checking what you checked already, sorry. Are you maybe behind some corporate firewall? May also be your router or just some general network issue at the time you tried.

All default profiles are already active in vorpX, so while that isn’t ideal, the cloud profiles aren’t really necessary to use vorpX.

digone
    Participant

Definitely some network error, can’t really recommend anything else than double and triple checking what you checked already, sorry. Are you maybe behind some corporate firewall? May also be your router or just some general network issue at the time you tried.

All default profiles are already active in vorpX, so while that isn’t ideal, the cloud profiles aren’t really necessary to use vorpX.

I do not know if it is more I bought and I want to enjoy the whole program.

I’m trying to use VorpX in the Star Citizen game and in a tutorial it says that I need to use Cloud Profiles.

I bought VorpX just to use this game so I’m doing everything I can to use. If I can not get my money back.

I will try to restart my modem or something and the firewall I turned it off.

If anyone else can help me, I thank you.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you can’t connect to the cloud, there is some network issue between you and here. Either on your PC or somewhere in between. As much I would like to give some more concrete advice, all I can do is recommending to double and triple check every possible thing that may have an influence on your network connectivity.

If you are 100% certain that it’s nothing on your PC (which always is the most likely source of an issue in this regard), then it has to be something else in between you and our server (e.g. your router, a potential external firewall, or a network outage somewhere).

Star Citizen is not supported by vorpX and never was, there is an *unofficial* workaround to play it in 2D that may or may not work, but there is no support for that:

1. Start the vorpX desktop viewer
    2. Disable the vorpX watcher (right click the tray icon, choose “Pause watcher”)
    3. Play the game either windowed or “windowed fullscreen”, real fullscreen will not work this way.
    4. Change the cinema mode options in vorpX to something more immersive (e.g. scene “None” with the screen moved closer.
    5. Disable the “Lock Head Tracking” option in the virtual cinama options if you want head tracking to work.

digone
    Participant

Ty @Ralf

I will try later.

Do you know if someday you will have support for the star citizen?

digone
    Participant

Do you know which port I need to open from my router to try to work?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Standard http requests are used for the cloud communication, very similar to your web browser for example, so there is no port you need to open. You said you did that already, but I would double check the firewall and most importantly disable/uninstall any other virus scanner or security software than Windows Defender if you use something else.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!