Cloud Profiles Empty

Homepage Forums Technical Support Cloud Profiles Empty

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jboyda
    Participant

Has anyone else been having problems loading any Cloud Profile? I search any game and nothing appears. I am logged in to my cloud profile so idk why it is not working.

Ralf
    Keymaster

First please try again after restarting the config app. If that does not help, it’s probably some firewall or antivirus issue that interferes with the online functionality of the config app.

I deleted your other post with the same content. Please make only one post per question in the appropriate sub-forum to minimize forum clutter. You won’t get better or faster answers by spamming the forum. Thanks.

jboyda
    Participant

I’ve tried disabling both firewall and antivirus.. still no luck..

othman08
    Participant

HELLO ITS ABOUT 2 MOUNTH AND NO ONE GIVE A REAL SOLUTION

CLOUD EMPTY

I REINSTALLIT , AM LOGGIN IT , NO FIREWALL , no ANTIVIRUS

NEED SOLution NOW

Biwel
    Participant

looks like many people have this problem the cloud profiles are empty so do i.
    But i tried to deactivate my firewall and no meter what i do, it is not working!
    Any ides?

Potato
    Participant

My profiles are empty as well. Is anyone getting an error when selecting the profiles tab / menu option?

Mine displays a “reading profile database exception” which, according to Ralf, is likely a DotNet issue – And that dotnet 4.6.2 is needed (which isn’t supported by windows 7, so I can’t get it). That being said, I’ve gotten vorpx to work with the latest win7 supported version, 4.5.2, in the past. Only when reinstalling windows did I come across this problem. I reinstalled from the exact same ISO, as well, so everything *should* be the same on the OS side.

I would reinstall my OS again, but there’s no guarantee the same thing won’t happen. Reinstalling dotnet 4.5.2 hasn’t helped. At this rate, a reinstall of the OS is the only thing I can think of. Or, a switch to windows 10, which I really, really, really don’t want to do.

EDIT: Reinstalling vorpx had no effect. There’s also a “Full Factory Reset” option in Trouble Shooting that just crashes Vorpx when I select it, and throws an error that seems to also be a dotnet issue. If this problem is purely dotnet side, it’s odd a dotnet reinstall didn’t help.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need 4.6.2, not 4.5.2. The config app is built against 4.6 and does not work correctly with any older framework version. Normally the vorpX installer should have installed it, it works fine on Windows 7.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344

Potato
    Participant

Ok, it seems the issue is that I’m not getting any option to update to the windows 7 service pack, even though I have no prerequisite updates to get either (and the service pack is needed for dotnet 4.6.2)…
    Strange, but not a problem with VorpX specifically. I assume I did have dotnet 4.6.2 installed on my previous windows 7 when VorpX was working.

I appreciate the support. Hopefully anyone else who has a problem with the profiles not showing up can solve it simply by fixing their dotnet situation.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Earlier versions of vorpX used an older version of the DotNet framework. You can download Windows 7 ISO images with the service pack integrated directly from Microsoft. I’m surprised a pre SP1 Windows 7 works at all with anything VR related.

It might make sense to slowly consider Windows 10 though. There are good reasons to keep Windows 7 as long as possible, but on the other hand it’s more than 8 years old now, and although it may seem as if everything basically is still the same with Windows 10, that isn’t really true. There have been a lot of changes under the hood in the meantime that are beneficial for VR.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!