Dishonored 2 with profile unplayable issue

Homepage Forums Technical Support Dishonored 2 with profile unplayable issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    xrc6
    Participant

I used Rising Evil’s updated profile for Dishonored 2. However the game is like frame by frame. Even the loading screen is 10x’s longer than normal. It’s about like 1 frame for every 5 seconds. In the Rift, I get the “sorry it’s taking longer than usual to load…” message and the game never loads up in it. But onscreen I see the VorpX logo and it’s unplayable of course.

So I assume it must work fine for someone if Rising Evil made 2 profiles for it and it got 4 endorsements. So I wanted to check to see what my options are for getting this working.

Since this uses a customized Tech 6 engine, should I try making a profile using the new Doom profile? But I assume that’s what Rising evil did

Thanks for any help.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no official profile for the game yet. As always, user profiles may or may not provide working 3D. I would be highly surprised though if any user profile does provide 3D in this specific case.

Loading times are indeed unbearably long for this game. Maybe some issue with their implementation of the Denuvo copy protection in conjunction with vorpX. That’s just a guess though. There will be an official Z3D profile for the game in the next vorpX, but probably not more. Unfortunately working on the title is next to impossible due to the startup times.

Engine wise it’s very different from id engine. That might have a been the base at some point, but it’s not even OpenGL anymore like id tech, instead it’s a D3D11 renderer they call Void engine now.

xrc6
    Participant

Thanks. Any suggestions on how I can at least get it functioning in VorpX? Since you plan to release an official profile, I assume you are able to get it loaded in the HMD.
    All I get is a “sorry it’s taking longer than usual” message and never changes. On my monitor it’s just frame by frame…even the loading screen is way longer than normal, I’m talking like 15 minutes or so and even the CG movie like intro is frame by frame. So if it is a dunovo issue, I’d think everyone would have the same problem.

what595654
    Participant

Why does everything always take so long for this developer? Is it possible to make our own profiles? Why not just steadily add support for more games, instead of working on other features?

I’ve noticed Ralph only works around the release of big titles when he knows he can make more sales. Otherwise, he just goes silent.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Utter nonsense. I’m answering questions here almost every day, which you could easily have noticed yourself if you had spent 30 seconds for reading before posting.

For the unlikely case that you didn’t just want to troll, but are actually interested in Dishonored 2, please read my answer two posts above. Nothing has changed since then.

xrc6
    Participant

Why does everything always take so long for this developer? Is it possible to make our own profiles? Why not just steadily add support for more games, instead of working on other features?

I’ve noticed Ralph only works around the release of big titles when he knows he can make more sales. Otherwise, he just goes silent.

I imagine coding something all by yourself is pretty tedious if not challenging and I’m sure he has other things in life he enjoys doing as well. All we can do is be patient. There used to be some kind of setting for creating your own profile but you have to ask for a key of some sort? I’m guessing it’s something that’s complex to do but I don’t see that option anymore

There’s a dishonored 2 profile in cloud profiles by Rising-Evil but doesn’t work for me. I’m not sure how he went about creating one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!