DOSbox

Homepage Forums Technical Support DOSbox

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    spacecadet102
    Participant

No forum entries containing the word DOSbox? Strange that I’m the first one to post on this. So I started up a dosbox game and nothing. VorpX didn’t react. I tried starting Dosbox directly and same, no response. Really wanted to try this. It IS in the list of supported games and there is even a profile in vorpX so whats going on? Ralph? Anyone get it working?

Ralf
    Keymaster

It’s not really supported, but there is a profile that allows to show it in the headset with a Direct3D enabled DosBox build. Obviously there is no Stereo 3D for DOS games. Cinema mode highly recommended. Change the output=xxx line in your dosbox.conf to output=direct3d to make it work.

Use the 20140117 build, which you can find in the download archive. The latest from 2015 is rather buggy.

This DosBox version also supports quite a few Direct3D upscaling filters and – with some tinkering and an additional DX9 Glide wrapper like nGlide old 3dfx Glide games (also no Stereo 3D). I played the Glide version of Tomb Raider this way with vorpX, which was pure nostalgia fun.

spacecadet102
    Participant

Extremely fast reply! Wow thanks. Bummer no 3d but now at least I know. Keep up the good work Ralph, and also, consider including infinity engine games for 3d like Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale. :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX can only provide Stereo 3D for DX9-DX11 (and some older OpenGL games). Since the game emulation in DosBox is done entirely in DosBox and also DOS games have no standardized way to display 3D content that vorpX could hook into – every DOS game does this with it’s very own method – there is no way for vorpX to convert them to Stereo 3D.

Infinity engine games also won’t be possible unfortunately. While they use OpenGL to display the image on the monitor, they aren’t really 3D games at all. Just 2D sprites moving across pre-rendered images.

spacecadet102
    Participant

Oh ok. Thanks for the info Ralf. Any new games you’re working on?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Primarily I’m currently working on adding Direct VR to more games. As always no further comments on what exactly will be in the next update, sorry. You’ll see shortly.

spacecadet102
    Participant

Cool. Can’t wait.

RJK_
    Participant

Hello Guys, i wonder how you managed to enter a path in the dosbox window.

I have tried different versions around that 20140117 build but vorpx destroys the backslash. VorpX = OFF = Normal backslash , VorpX = ON backslash is cripled, looks like an ACSII 192 └ . Also ESC behaves funny , it prints a backslash+return at the same time. :-/

EDIT: Right now i am using a workaround in the config using the autoexex options. So no important error.

RJK_
    Participant

Dungeon Keeper 1 with VorpX hahahaha ! Better then Skirim and GTA5 togeter :-)

RJK_
    Participant

No need for Dosbox with Dungeon keeper anymore. The Original Dungeon Keeper 1 Keeper95.exe works now with a DGVooDoo2 profile. No stereo of coarse, DX5.

PS: If anyone manages KeeperFX which is a clone manages to work with VorpX please let me know. The graphics are much better then the original game but it doesnt seem to work with DGVoodoo2. Its not clear what DX the clone is using.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!