Elder Scrolls Online – Any joy?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Elder Scrolls Online – Any joy?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wolfy
    Participant

Hi Folks,
    New Rift owner here and just came across this software so am very interested in buying this at the weekend.

Has anyone got ESO running well with VorpX?
    If so can you list the settings you used please?

So what exactly does this software achieve, and by that I mean what kind of effect?
    I played Elite Dangerous over the weekend in VR and was amazed at the difference from monitor play. So will I get fully 3D head-tracked (seated) play from this program from supported 2D games?

Thanks for any advice.

Hannes66
    Participant

Hi
    i am using the arma3 profil with z-normal, 3d strenght 1.75 and focal offset must be 1 or more. I´m using 1 by focal offset. So you have a little bit of 3d not even geometrie 3d but better than nothing . Also use your nativ resolution .

greetings Hannes

PhoenixSpyder
    Participant

Hannes66, can you upload your newer ArmaIII profile for ESO to the cloud? I see your older one for Warhammer there but not the newer one. Thanks!!!

PhoenixSpyder
    Participant

Hi Hannes66. Thanks for the profile upload.

Just wondering. Are you playing ESO in Virtual cinema mode on or off with your settings? I’ve tried both on and off and the game looks fine in mode ‘on’ but when ‘off’ I can’t get it to look proper. I’m guessing it’s an FOV setting, but I haven’t spent enough time trying to find out where the FOV setting is in the game settings. Been away from vorpx for quite a while now, just getting back to using it. I would prefer to play in virtual cinema mode off if possible, or wait till Ralf does a proper profile if he can. Thanks again.

Hannes66
    Participant

Hi

using virtual cinema on . To play first Person im am using head tracking on an set the screen to -75 so and adjust the traking. So you have nearly the same experience as virtual cinema off

greetings Hannes

PhoenixSpyder
    Participant

Thanks Hannes66. I’ll give it a shot prob tmrw. My ESO has to update again with the new update made available.

Cheers

PhoenixSpyder
    Participant

Well after trying and tweaking ESO for a few hours last night in VR I found that it only runs decent using virtual cinema ‘on’ and adjusting a few vorpx settings to suit personal liking’s. (Virtual cinema ‘off’ just doesn’t work no matter the settings). Screen offset distance definitely works at -75 plus having the screen curved makes it more pleasant. It’s about 50% as immersive as an actual VR game with these settings…which is acceptable.

I accidentally loaded it with my original 4k (ultra) settings in VR and it ran reasonably well on my system (1080 Ti). So I tweaked the game at 4k in VR to run at ‘high’ settings and turned off ‘ambient occlusion’ as it robs 5-10 fps in 4k in VR. Left all the other features ‘on’ as they don’t lower the fps much if at all. I must say it looks very impressive up-scaled to 4k on my Rift. I am getting anywhere from 60-90 fps in game, averaging prob 75-85 which is totally awesome for now. Oh yes, also have my Rift SS @ 1.5.

Not sure if I will actually play in in VR for now…will prob wait till at least direct VR is available. I prefer to play in 4k on a large monitor instead.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!