Fallout 4 Quality issue

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Fallout 4 Quality issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Leyst
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve followed along this guide http://riftinfo.com/how-to-setup-vorpx-and-oculus-rift-for-fallout-4-perfectly to setup my fallout 4, however, the quality is really bad. I have a powerful PC so that shouldnt be the issue. The resulution is low and the quality is bad overall

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can run games at any resolution you want with vorpX. The higher, the better the image quality. Recommendations are: 1280×1024 (performance), 1600×1200 (balanced), 1920×1440 (quality). 4:3/5:4 resolutions are generally best for vorpX, not widescreen.

Please also make sure to update the Fallout 4 profile from the cloud. Yesterdays Fallout 4 update broke the Direct VR scanner, which you can address by downloading the latest version of the “Fallout 4 [vorpX]” profile from the cloud.

You may also consider to set Antialising to “Off” in the Fallout 4 launcher. Both AA modes used by Fallout 4 blur the image.

Leyst
    Participant

Thanks for the reply!
    Might sound like a retarded question but how do I change the resolution in vorpX?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just like you normally would when you play a game on your monitor. In Fallout 4 that is done in the Fallout 4 launcher. It often makes sense to run games windowed with vorpX, which will allow resolutions higher than your monitor supports in many games.

Leyst
    Participant

Hi,
    When I try to do it with the launcher it just shows a blank list so I cant choose anything. Not sure if i did something to the ini file and thats why?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The link below explains how to do it manually if the launcher options don’t work for some reason:

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-tweak-fallout-4s-hidden-graphics-options/

Leyst
    Participant

Thanks Ralf,

Still pretty bad quality overall, will try to download the DLC with better quality to see if that helps out.

Ralf
    Keymaster

1920×1440 provides roughly the same pixel density as a native app. You need a fast GPU for that though (GTX 1070 or better).

Leyst
    Participant

I have a 1080

Leyst
    Participant

I just see a lot of pixles etc on my htc vive

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!