Guild Wars 2 FPS Scenery Mode

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Guild Wars 2 FPS Scenery Mode

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Cupzter
    Participant

tried both doing what you said and importing a cloud profile and it still crashes. does it still 100% work for you no problems? i’m thinking it might be the halloween patch but i’m not sure what’s causing it.

Cupzter
    Participant

i’m using a vive as well btw.

Sphere
    Participant

Let me try. I have been playing other games lately. I’ll just get my vive out and setup. Brb

Sphere
    Participant

Okay I’m back. And it is still working for me.

What I do is:

I run ‘Steam VR’
    I run ‘Start vorpX’
    I then put on my headset
    I pick up my wand, and use the button to bring me to the steam VR menu
    I use the wand’s laser to point at the desktop view and bring the desktop up on screen
    I then from there run Guild Wars 2

However I find that if there is a mouse cursor on the end of the laser pointer when focused on the ‘Guild Wars 2 patcher’, that means vorpX has not got focus. So from here I close the patcher, and then re-run Guild Wars 2. I find by doing that, the second time around, there will be no mouse cursor on the end of the laser that the wand is showing, when focusing on the patcher. It should work after this.

Hope you get it fixed. :)

Cupzter
    Participant

thanks a lot for the help. sadly, it’s still crashing and i don’t know what’s causing it. i’m dying to play this game in vr as well. too bad :(

Cupzter
    Participant

got it to work! it turned out that avg antivirus was causing the crash. turning the active protection off while playing took care of the problem.

now though, i find myself thoroughly disappointed with the z-adaptive 3d implementation in this game. it’s nowhere near as good as skyrim’s 3d geometry. is this normal or is there a setting i should look at that could make it better?

i’ve tried running this game on 3d with my samsung gear vr using tridef and the implementation there was much better. it looked like real 3d.

Sphere
    Participant

Would be awesome to see real 3d on the Vive or even Occulus using vorpX. Some people have said that this game in VR is as close to Sword Art Online that you can get today. It’s not bad imo, just that full support would be awesome. I was thinking of however playing around with the Nvidia Inspector settings, as it does have a section pertaining to Stereoscopics.

series6
    Participant

Excellent posts.
    Many thanks for all your hard work. Kudos!

KristoferNathan
    Participant

Do you get stereoscopic 3d running with guild wars 2?

Shpinxis
    Participant

Finally got around to trying this out. It’s pretty cool since I have been playing this way in GW2 for a while. Thanks for the work.

I tried to add more key events to the script for it to detect my extra mouse buttons that I use, but I couldn’t really get that to work sadly.

Sphere
    Participant

Yeah if you are still interested in more buttons, I can help you out. Just let me know what kind of mouse you are dealing with and which buttons to include. I can post up some script here.

Sphere
    Participant

I guess you don’t want those buttons. :/

Sphere
    Participant

I wonder if this thread on the official GW2 forums could be useful for getting 3D stereo enabled in the game.

Stereoscopic Rendering aka 3D

Shpinxis
    Participant

Sorry, hadn’t looked back here for a bit. I’ll have to see which specific mouse evens they are. It’s extra mouse buttons that would be like Mouse 3 and 4 right?

We also should try and get a discussion going on the Stereoscopic side of the conversation on the forums. I have actually tried the game in 3D before with tridef and it was alright. It might look a lot better with an HMD though.

Sphere
    Participant

Well my Razer Deathadder shows mouse 3 and 4 as _IsPressed code 05 and 06, with mouse 3 being towards your palm and 4 towards your index.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!