Guild Wars 2 FPS Scenery Mode

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Guild Wars 2 FPS Scenery Mode

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Sphere
    Participant

I decided to give Virtual Desktop on Steam a go at playing Guild Wars 2 with this app running. It’s a descent experience. You gotta set the display to curved, and make the screen really huge. I am stating this here as an alternative choice. So if you feel the experience of VorpX isn’t quite doing it for you for Guild Wars 2, you may decide to use that method as well.

VorpX will give you a more personal experience, relying on you to zoom in and out to see the other features of the game. Virtual Desktop lets you see everything, and you can even turn your head to the side and look at the scenery or battle, without turning your character. Both applications are great, and it will really be up to what preference you have.

Shpinxis
    Participant

Yeah I do that as well. I use Virtual Desktop for when I don’t feel like playing first person mode in the game and VorpX when I do.

Trust me lol, I’ve been using Virtual Desktop and VorpX to play GW2 since since they first came out on DK2. I really enjoy just playing normal games in VR.

As for the mouse buttons. I have a Logitech G502.

In the Logitech software my side buttons are set to “Forward” and “Back” like the browser functions, and the middle mouse button is “Mouse 3” (Middle Click).

In GW2 one side button shows up as “Mouse 4” and “Mouse 5”, while the middle button is “Mouse 3.”

I’m not sure what they are at the Windows software level though.

Sphere
    Participant

The middle mouse button is _IsPressed 04. Hopefully this post and the other one will be useful for you to code in what you desire. :)

Sphere
    Participant

TriDef 3D works!

And holy cow, that’s like turning Guild Wars 2 into a whole new game. I recommend it!!!!!!

Shpinxis
    Participant

Did you have to do some work around stuff for it to work? I remember needing to do a lot of random things and research to get it to work with GW2.

Sphere
    Participant

When doing the initial setup, you need to set it to SBS. This is the type of Stereoscopic method.
    Then when you run the application, go to gaming from that page, wait for a box that has a list of apps to run to show up, and then you can go ahead and add the game. I personally just added the shortcut of Guild Wars 2 from the desktop to TriDef 3D, as that was the easiest, and it did say you can do that.
    Then launch the game from that list of available games for TriDef 3D. Go through the launcher until the game is running.
    Either in VorpX or Virtual Desktop, set the VR platform to use SBS, or Half SBS, depending on what you are trying to do.

Happy gaming. If it’s more complicated then that, you are doing it wrong. Guild Wars 2 is a supported title for TriDef 3D.

Sphere
    Participant

Update:
    I have now added in a bit at the top of the script to allow people to change how far the combat zoom is. I recommend 3 for TriDef 3D users. Default is 20. Happy gaming

===================================================

As the title says.

The intent of this app is for the use of FPS mode, which you can activate normally in the game’s options. When you run this app along side the game, you play in FPS, until you do combat, where the game will zoom out, and after combat, zoom back in.

This app also supports free camera mode, where you don’t need to hold down the right mouse button to move the camera. It works where you hold down the right mouse button for one second, and then it registers that you wish to free camera mode. Clicking the right mouse button again will free you from this mode. Free camera mode will deactivate while in combat, allowing you to use ground select skills. It will however not reactivate after combat, unless you are holding down the right mouse button, or you toggle on auto free camera mode on battle exit. The numpad minus key will toggle this auto mode on/off. Keep in mind that some classes or skill sets may or may not benefit from auto mode.

This app is very useful for virtual reality Guild Wars 2. You will need to have installed vorpX to play Guild Wars 2 in VR. Or alternatively you may want to try Virtual Desktop on Steam, and setup the display to become a wall sized television, to the desired effect. Remember while playing this game with virtual reality, for best effect, set in the options of the game the Field of View to maximum, the slider all the way to the right. This is needed for the best experience in VR.

If you are looking to get a Stereoscopic experience with your VR experience, use TriDef 3D with Guild Wars 2. This will change your gaming experience!

Features:
    * Zoom out for combat, FPS in non-combat.
    * Can use the regular zoom feature of the mouse wheel at anytime.
    * Free camera mode available to use. No need to hold down right mouse click.
    * Added support for vorpX virtual reality. Zoom in and out of the VR experience. Must press the numpad plus key at the start of your VR experience to calibrate screen. Calibration will allow you to more easily see the skill icons, boons, etc… This feature was designed to be run at 1080p. Press numpad plus for use. VorpX also has their own type of zoom feature as well. To use the vorpX zoom feature, press the scroll click on your mouse for effect. Both zooms work in a different way.
    * The wait time before re-entry into FPS is variable, depending on the amount of attack commands you use. There is a limit to how far extended the timer can go to. This feature should help with big battle scenes and boss fights.
    * The option available to choose if the free camera mode auto enables after combat. This can be toggled with the numpad minus key. You also can choose to default set it in the script itself.
    * [NEW] The script now has an easy to change variable on how far you want to zoom out when in combat mode. This setting can be changed at the top of the script. Default is 20. TriDef 3D users are suggested to use 3 as their setting.

Key Commands:
    * Insert + Delete = Closes application FPS Scenery Mode
    * Numpad plus = Calibration Zoom
    * Numpad minus = Toggles the Free Camera Auto on Exit Battle

You will now notice that I include the time it was last updated in the code. I hope that helps.

Say hello to some mediocre code that runs as advertised.
    You will need AutoIt3

; Updated Last: 18/02/2017 dmy, 10:15 AM AEST
    #include <Misc.au3>
    $dll = DllOpen("user32.dll")
    Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)
    ToolTip("FPS Scenery", 268, 0)

;==[Free Camera Auto Exit Battle]========
    $freecam_exitbattle = 0 ; 0 = off, 1 = on
    ; Toggle this to change the default.
    ;========================================

;==[Combat Zoom Distance]================
    $zoom_distance = 20 ; Set to 20 by default, however when using TriDef 3D the suggested number to use is 3.

$esc = 0
    $combat = 0
    $combat_plus = 3
    $right = 0
    $right_on = 0
    Dim $cnt[2]
    $combat_on = 0
    $zoom = 0 ; 0 is zoomed in, 1 is zoomed out

Do
    	If _IsPressed("2D", $dll) and _IsPressed("2E", $dll) Then ; escape [Insert + Delete]
    		MouseUp("right")
    		DllClose($dll)
    		Exit
    	EndIf

If _IsPressed("6D", $dll) Then ; num- on number pad to toggle Free Camera Exit Battle
    		If($freecam_exitbattle = 0) Then
    			$freecam_exitbattle = 1
    			Beep(200,110)
    			Beep(400,90)
    			Beep(600,70)
    			Beep(800,50)
    		Else
    			$freecam_exitbattle = 0
    			Beep(800,50)
    			Beep(600,70)
    			Beep(400,90)
    			Beep(200,110)
    		EndIf
    	EndIf

If _IsPressed("6B", $dll) Then ; num+ on number pad to zoom in and out of VR [vorpX supported]
    		If($zoom = 0) Then
    			$zoom = 1
    			Send("{shiftdown}")
    			Sleep(100)
    			MouseWheel("down",30)
    			Sleep(400)
    			Send("{shiftup}")
    		Else
    			$zoom = 0
    			Send("{shiftdown}")
    			Sleep(100)
    			MouseWheel("up",5)
    			Sleep(400)
    			Send("{shiftup}")
    			Sleep(100)
    			MouseWheel("up",20)
    		EndIf
    	EndIf
    	$cnt[0] = $cnt[0] + 1 ; 1 second code handler
    	If($cnt[0] >= 100) Then
    		$cnt[0] = 0
    		If($combat = 1) and ($combat_plus < 15) Then
    			$combat_plus = $combat_plus + 1
    		EndIf
    		If($combat > 0) Then
    			$combat = $combat + 1
    		EndIf
    		If($right >= 40) and ($combat = 0) Then
    			If($right_on = 0) Then
    				$right_on = 1
    				Sleep(100)
    			Else
    				$right_on = 0
    				$right = 0
    			EndIf
    		Else
    			$right = 0
    		EndIf
    	EndIf

If($right_on = 1) and ($right >= 40) and _IsPressed("02", $dll) = False Then ; activate free camera here
    		Sleep(25)
    		MouseDown("right")
    		$right = 0
    	EndIf
    	If($right_on = 1) and ($right < 40) and _IsPressed("02", $dll) = False Then ; cancel free camera mode
    		$right_on = 0
    		$right = 0
    	EndIf

; start skill detection
    	If _IsPressed("30", $dll) or _IsPressed("31", $dll) or _IsPressed("32", $dll) or _IsPressed("33", $dll) or _IsPressed("34", $dll) or _IsPressed("35", $dll) or _IsPressed("36", $dll) or _IsPressed("37", $dll) or _IsPressed("38", $dll) or _IsPressed("39", $dll) Then
    		$combat = 1
    	EndIf
    	If _IsPressed("02", $dll) and ($combat = 0) and ($right_on = 0) Then
    		$right = $right + 1
    	EndIf
    	Sleep(2)

; zooming
    	If($combat = 1) and ($combat_on = 0) Then
    		$right_on = 0
    		$right = 0
    		MouseClick("right")
    		$cnt[1] = 0
    		Do
    			$cnt[1] = $cnt[1] + 1
    			MouseWheel("down",1)
    			Sleep(1)
    		Until $cnt[1] >= $zoom_distance
    		$combat_on = 1
    	EndIf

If($combat = $combat_plus) Then
    		$combat = 0
    		$combat_plus = 3
    		$combat_on = 0
    		$cnt[1] = 0
    		If _IsPressed("02") or ($freecam_exitbattle = 1) Then
    			$right_on = 1
    			$right = 40
    		EndIf
    		Do
    			$cnt[1] = $cnt[1] + 1
    			MouseWheel("up",1)
    			Sleep(1)
    	EndIf

Until $esc = 1

Sphere
    Participant

I found a bug that I am working on. I will test it in a day and fix it then.

Shpinxis
    Participant

Cool. I’ll get into trying this stuff out next week. Thanks.

Sphere
    Participant

Update: Fixed a bug with the combat plus code.

===============================================================

As the title says.

The intent of this app is for the use of FPS mode, which you can activate normally in the game’s options. When you run this app along side the game, you play in FPS, until you do combat, where the game will zoom out, and after combat, zoom back in.

This app also supports free camera mode, where you don’t need to hold down the right mouse button to move the camera. It works where you hold down the right mouse button for one second, and then it registers that you wish to free camera mode. Clicking the right mouse button again will free you from this mode. Free camera mode will deactivate while in combat, allowing you to use ground select skills. It will however not reactivate after combat, unless you are holding down the right mouse button, or you toggle on auto free camera mode on battle exit. The numpad minus key will toggle this auto mode on/off. Keep in mind that some classes or skill sets may or may not benefit from auto mode.

This app is very useful for virtual reality Guild Wars 2. You will need to have installed vorpX to play Guild Wars 2 in VR. Or alternatively you may want to try Virtual Desktop on Steam, and setup the display to become a wall sized television, to the desired effect. Remember while playing this game with virtual reality, for best effect, set in the options of the game the Field of View to maximum, the slider all the way to the right. This is needed for the best experience in VR.

If you are looking to get a Stereoscopic experience with your VR experience, use TriDef 3D with Guild Wars 2. This will change your gaming experience!

Features:
    * Zoom out for combat, FPS in non-combat.
    * Can use the regular zoom feature of the mouse wheel at anytime.
    * Free camera mode available to use. No need to hold down right mouse click.
    * Added support for vorpX virtual reality. Zoom in and out of the VR experience. Must press the numpad plus key at the start of your VR experience to calibrate screen. Calibration will allow you to more easily see the skill icons, boons, etc… This feature was designed to be run at 1080p. Press numpad plus for use. VorpX also has their own type of zoom feature as well. To use the vorpX zoom feature, press the scroll click on your mouse for effect. Both zooms work in a different way.
    * The wait time before re-entry into FPS is variable, depending on the amount of attack commands you use. There is a limit to how far extended the timer can go to. This feature should help with big battle scenes and boss fights.
    * The option available to choose if the free camera mode auto enables after combat. This can be toggled with the numpad minus key. You also can choose to default set it in the script itself.
    * [NEW] The script now has an easy to change variable on how far you want to zoom out when in combat mode. This setting can be changed at the top of the script. Default is 20. TriDef 3D users are suggested to use 3 as their setting.

Key Commands:
    * Insert + Delete = Closes application FPS Scenery Mode
    * Numpad plus = Calibration Zoom
    * Numpad minus = Toggles the Free Camera Auto on Exit Battle

You will now notice that I include the time it was last updated in the code. I hope that helps.

Say hello to some mediocre code that runs as advertised.
    You will need AutoIt3

; Updated Last: 19/02/2017 dmy, 06:57 PM AEST
    #include <Misc.au3>
    $dll = DllOpen("user32.dll")
    Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)
    ToolTip("FPS Scenery", 268, 0)

;==[Free Camera Auto Exit Battle]========
    $freecam_exitbattle = 0 ; 0 = off, 1 = on
    ; Toggle this to change the default.

;==[Combat Zoom Distance]================
    $zoom_distance = 20 ; Set to 20 by default, however when using TriDef 3D the suggested number to use is 3.

$esc = 0
    $combat = 0
    $combat_plus = 3
    $right = 0
    $right_on = 0
    Dim $cnt[2]
    $combat_on = 0
    $zoom = 0 ; 0 is zoomed in, 1 is zoomed out

Do
    	If _IsPressed("2D", $dll) and _IsPressed("2E", $dll) Then ; escape [Insert + Delete]
    		MouseUp("right")
    		DllClose($dll)
    		Exit
    	EndIf

If _IsPressed("6D", $dll) Then ; num- on number pad to toggle Free Camera Exit Battle
    		If($freecam_exitbattle = 0) Then
    			$freecam_exitbattle = 1
    			Beep(200,110)
    			Beep(400,90)
    			Beep(600,70)
    			Beep(800,50)
    		Else
    			$freecam_exitbattle = 0
    			Beep(800,50)
    			Beep(600,70)
    			Beep(400,90)
    			Beep(200,110)
    		EndIf
    	EndIf

If _IsPressed("6B", $dll) Then ; num+ on number pad to zoom in and out of VR [vorpX supported]
    		If($zoom = 0) Then
    			$zoom = 1
    			Send("{shiftdown}")
    			Sleep(100)
    			MouseWheel("down",30)
    			Sleep(400)
    			Send("{shiftup}")
    		Else
    			$zoom = 0
    			Send("{shiftdown}")
    			Sleep(100)
    			MouseWheel("up",5)
    			Sleep(400)
    			Send("{shiftup}")
    			Sleep(100)
    			MouseWheel("up",20)
    		EndIf
    	EndIf
    	$cnt[0] = $cnt[0] + 1 ; 1 second code handler
    	If($cnt[0] >= 100) Then
    		$cnt[0] = 0
    		If($combat = 1) and ($combat_plus < 15) Then
    			$combat_plus = $combat_plus + 1
    		EndIf
    		If($combat > 0) Then
    			$combat = $combat + 1
    		EndIf
    		If($right >= 40) and ($combat = 0) Then
    			If($right_on = 0) Then
    				$right_on = 1
    				Sleep(100)
    			Else
    				$right_on = 0
    				$right = 0
    			EndIf
    		Else
    			$right = 0
    		EndIf
    	EndIf

If($right_on = 1) and ($right >= 40) and _IsPressed("02", $dll) = False Then ; activate free camera here
    		Sleep(25)
    		MouseDown("right")
    		$right = 0
    	EndIf
    	If($right_on = 1) and ($right < 40) and _IsPressed("02", $dll) = False Then ; cancel free camera mode
    		$right_on = 0
    		$right = 0
    	EndIf

; start skill detection
    	If _IsPressed("30", $dll) or _IsPressed("31", $dll) or _IsPressed("32", $dll) or _IsPressed("33", $dll) or _IsPressed("34", $dll) or _IsPressed("35", $dll) or _IsPressed("36", $dll) or _IsPressed("37", $dll) or _IsPressed("38", $dll) or _IsPressed("39", $dll) Then
    		$combat = 1
    	EndIf
    	If _IsPressed("02", $dll) and ($combat = 0) and ($right_on = 0) Then
    		$right = $right + 1
    	EndIf
    	Sleep(2)

; zooming
    	If($combat = 1) and ($combat_on = 0) Then
    		$right_on = 0
    		$right = 0
    		MouseClick("right")
    		$cnt[1] = 0
    		Do
    			$cnt[1] = $cnt[1] + 1
    			MouseWheel("down",1)
    			Sleep(1)
    		$combat_on = 1
    	EndIf

If($combat >= $combat_plus) Then
    		$combat = 0
    		$combat_plus = 3
    		$combat_on = 0
    		$cnt[1] = 0
    		If _IsPressed("02") or ($freecam_exitbattle = 1) Then
    			$right_on = 1
    			$right = 40
    		EndIf
    		Do
    			$cnt[1] = $cnt[1] + 1
    			MouseWheel("up",1)
    			Sleep(1)
    		Until $cnt[1] >= 20
    	EndIf

Until $esc = 1

Shpinxis
    Participant

Got around to trying TriDef again. It was alright, but it kind of ruined using first person view because of how the scaling looks with it. That’s one of the main reasons I play in VR. Plus, my computer can’t handle rendering 4 images as once very well lol. There are definitely some cool moments though when you see the depth of your character in conjunction with the world.

Wille
    Participant

Hi all,

Sphere, thanks for all that you’ve done for VR and Guild Wars 2 players. While I haven’t tried your code yet I look forward to doing so. Do you think you could translate it for AHK? Also, I remember having a problem with the text in GW2 with either TriDef or Nvidia 3DTV. Doesn’t anyone know if this has been fixed? Thanks for all that y’all do.

Shpinxis
    Participant

We’re also going to need to change up the code some for the Path of Fire expansion and mounts. I tried it out a bit during the beta.

Sphere
    Participant

I’m trying to get the expansion. However I have not received a code, nor has it applied to my account. I may have to contact ArenaNet support. Sigh

Wille
    Participant

So I bought Tridef VR. I have to say GW2 is awesome in it!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!