Having a great time playing Resident Evil 7

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Having a great time playing Resident Evil 7

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SpynalTom
    Participant

I waited until the game went on a decent sale before I pounced. I’m glad I did because it gave Ralf time to do his magic. I bought RE7 this weekend and I am having a BLAST! What a great game and what a great VorpX profile. Worked right out of the gate and I have very little bad to say. The only pesky items are the filters when you get a lot of blood on your “face” or when in the “video” scenes as it looks like you are holding a pieces of glass a foot in front of your face and the “effects” are just on the glass. No biggie and certainly not a show stopper. I also wish I could lock the mouse-look like in Direct VR profiles so I couldn’t look up or down with the mouse but that just takes practice. I get so scared sometimes that I find my neck at weird angles after a fight or flight situation that it takes me a few seconds to reset my position back to normal. Thanks for all your hard work Ralf, and thanks for making it possible to play these great games in VR.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We had 2 amazing weekends with my buddy enjoying RE7 with vorpx and pimax hmd. Thank you Ralf!:)
    p.s. can any one advise any good horror game to play in vr with native support or through vorpx? (with keyboard+mouse)

SpynalTom
    Participant

Dreadhalls was a good native one that used keyboard and mouse. I’m not sure if it requires touch now but it used to be mouse/keyboard. Alien Isolation was also really great but the VorpX profile takes some tweaking to get it looking good. If you are looking just to jump scare your friends and laugh at them “Emily Wants to Play” has keyboard/mouse support.

Moro
    Participant

it’s good when it works and scary as hell. Although sometimes my resi client just crashes and refuses to start and it gives me an openVR error message what ever that means. Also the VR has a habit of cutting out, then it just switches back to that blue screen, so I have to exit VR and try again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you, will try all of them!:)

it’s good when it works and scary as hell. Although sometimes my resi client just crashes and refuses to start and it gives me an openVR error message what ever that means. Also the VR has a habit of cutting out, then it just switches back to that blue screen, so I have to exit VR and try again.

To prevent any issues by starting the game try to launch vorpx and the game with administrator privileges. Crashed game unfortunately is something you have to bear with. On my pc if was crashing each 3 hours, acceptable.

Moro
    Participant

That doesn’t work and sometimes the VR flickers constantly before crashing. When it does work, it doesn’t last long because it keeps switching back to that blue screen. Then I have to restart VR again. Any ideas?

SpynalTom
    Participant

I guess I’ve been lucky. No crashes, flickering, or blue/black screens. It is really solid for me and I’ve played for hours. I do run my VorpX in Administrator mode also but I launch the game standard.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No problems here either. You could try to disable Crystal Image though, with my Vive I occasioanlly have similar issues in other games after half an hour or so when Crystal image is enabled, maybe it’s the same thing. For some reason that doesn’t happen with the Rift.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There seems indeed to be a potential issue with Crystal Image on Vive after some time. Since its effect is rather subtle anyway, it will probably be disabled per default on Vive (again) in the next version.

edo
    Participant

I am not so sure I agree on how subtle Crystal Image is Ralph. When I turn it off to avoid the 45 minute blink and shutdown issue on my Vive I can distinctly notice a reduction in clarity especially of text. I wish there was a work around to stop the Viv from reacting badly to it without turning it off.

I have toyed with turning it off and then back on while in game to see if I could reset the ’45 minute clock’ but am not sure that solves the issue or if some other workaround might help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!