Holy hell DIshonored is awesome!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Holy hell DIshonored is awesome!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Tiggerdyret
    Participant

I just wanted to share how awesome Dishonored in VR is. The atmosphere and gameplay lends itself perfectly for VR. The cutscenes makes me a little quezzy, but mapping edge peek to my controller fixed that. Vorpx is becoming so good that the line between Native and hooked-in games is truly thinning out. Even though I decided not to use Direct VR, because of the many issues with scanning I am enjoying myself in manual setting where positional and headtracking seems almost perfect. From what I can tell from people who played Resident Evil 7 VR in PS4 this seems to be up there with it. And it is certainly better than the semi native VR for Alien Isolation I played back in the DK2 days. I truly hope Ralf keeps updating and advancing this app and I personally feel I have gotten more bang for my buck with Vorpx than with any other VR pruchases so far.

WoodroweBones
    Participant

So does it support independent head/weapon movement? Also did you play it in the “Cinema” mode or the regular way? I have been trying a few games and I find that Cinema mode is the only way I can really play them as I keep wanting the head/hand movement to be separate

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

I don’t think any Vorpx game support independent head an weapon movement. Just try and get used to it. I don’t really think about it. My thumb just correct automatically when I turn my head. I stealthed most of the game, so it wasn’t a big issue, since I didn’t use weapons that much.
    I played in G3D VR with full headtracking. I didn’t use DirectVr since it was too unstable and it couldn’t always complete the scan, but I used it for a reference when setting up manual mode, so I got really close. I also turned off the dynamic shadows through the .ini files and I set the image zoom to 0.70 and fov to 90, which helped with the aliasing and image quality and weirdly also made the player height seem more natural.

onetoo
    Participant

I don’t think any Vorpx game support independent head an weapon movement. Just try and get used to it. I don’t really think about it. My thumb just correct automatically when I turn my head. I stealthed most of the game, so it wasn’t a big issue, since I didn’t use weapons that much.
    I played in G3D VR with full headtracking. I didn’t use DirectVr since it was too unstable and it couldn’t always complete the scan, but I used it for a reference when setting up manual mode, so I got really close. I also turned off the dynamic shadows through the .ini files and I set the image zoom to 0.70 and fov to 90, which helped with the aliasing and image quality and weirdly also made the player height seem more natural.

GTA V has independent movement and head tracking with a Mod via VorpX.

Dukealicious
    Participant

Yeah Dishonored was one of my 1st games I used VorpX for and it is awesome. If you haven’t tried Bioshock Infinite that one is topnotch in VorpX too.

deathorb
    Participant

Can you please explain roughly how you sorted the shadows out?

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

Search the “DishonoredEngine.ini” in “\Documents\My Games\Dishonored\DishonoredGame\Config” for “DynamicShadows” and delete TRUE and type in FALSE instead. Then hit save and exit the document. I don’t have the game installed at the moments, so that’s the best I can do. Here is the guide I used for reference: https://segmentnext.com/2012/10/10/dishonored-pc-tweaks-guide-graphics-and-performance/

deathorb
    Participant

Already did that but still have issues – nevermind though, the game is perfectly playable. Shame about the overpowered moves, but great to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the story!

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

Weird, there should be no shadows except for the static, which aren’t a problem. Are you sure you saved? Or maybe you changed the shadows from the menu which might have reset something. Do you see shadows cast by characters?

Zethos
    Participant

How did you run it? Once I start the directvr scan and it completes, the game begins to stutter

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

I din’t run it in DirectVR, because it crashed and the scan didn’t work in some areas, which made it pretty unreliable. I ended up using it without DirectVR after a few levels. Make a scan in the first area and turn DirectVR off and on, then mess with the settings of normal mode and compare with DirectVR mode until it is as close as you can get it. I don’t have my settings anymore, but it wasn’t hard to get it almost right.

Destroy
    Participant

So is this game fully VorpX sorted now?

Steam has a $3 sale and I’m thinking of picking it up but want to know it works near perfect (shadows, full G3D, FOV, FSAA, etc).

Thanks.

TheBalt
    Participant

So is this game fully VorpX sorted now?

Steam has a $3 sale and I’m thinking of picking it up but want to know it works near perfect (shadows, full G3D, FOV, FSAA, etc).

Thanks.

Figured id answer this since i just played recently but cant play anymore cause Dishonored wont launch on my system (not vorpx, its a driver thing, i can use a program called DDU to get the drivers for dishonored back but then i cant play new walking dead game so im off dishonored for now)

First of all, it works great, 100% with directVR scan. boot game once without VR to make sure the settings get in, boot it again with Vorpx turned on, let Vorpx change its settings it needs to, exit game and go back in and use the DirectVR scan and you should get a pretty amazing experience. I just played this in the last 2-3 days and all those issues from previous comments with shadows and stuff being broken.. i saw none of that, game looked fantastic and supported Geometry 3d (you can lean around stuff like a real vr game)

I highly highly recommend it, literally the only reason im not playing now is cause of a driver issue where i need to roll them back to make them work with my card, otherwise, i was planning on a full dishonored 1,2 and death of outsider playthru til walking dead came out and i had to update my drivers to play it.

so in short – get it, it works, didnt see any of those bugs people were talking about from 2/3 years ago

play in compatibility mode for windows 8 or you might get crashes at loading screens

Destroy
    Participant

Perfect! Thanks for the up to date info!

TheBalt
    Participant

Perfect! Thanks for the up to date info!

No worries bud, hope you enjoy it.

There is the potential you might run into the same driver issue i had, if you do, just google DDU, it works, its safe, it basically will reset your drivers and make older games work again, it doesnt feel like it, but at this point dishonored 1 is pretty old and simply didnt launch with my machine until i used DDU to basically reset my drivers – it didnt do any damage, you can update your drivers as soon as you like after doing it, but if the game wont load, thats what you need to do

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!