How the holy heck do you fix the giant hands in Skyrim?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings How the holy heck do you fix the giant hands in Skyrim?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Oddzball
    Participant

Im kinda surprised nobody brings this up being that Skyrim is pretty much one of the main reasons folks buy vorpx.

Ive tried changing the world and 1rstperson fov, doesnt help, so whats the deal? Surely with this many folks someone has figured this out?

Maybe the creator Ralf? I can tell you I will be pretty disappointed if Skyrim is considered “Supported” even though this issue exists. This is frankly a pretty big issue.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If changing the hand/weapon FOV on the Direct VR page of the vorpX ingame menu is not enough of a solution for you, you will need to use a mod. There are several mods that can adjust various camera settings, e.g. “immersive first person view” or “joy of perspective”.

Be aware though that such mods may interefere with vorpX in several ways, in regard to 3D rendering as well as in regard to Direct VR.

nieda113
    Participant

Hi, u just wanne adjust in showracemenu the settings for the handscaling…

nieda113
    Participant

..-and as for the mods that interfear with vorpx.. i have 350 mods installed – no major glitches.

Ovo
    Participant

Hi, u just wanne adjust in showracemenu the settings for the handscaling

I just fired up showracemenu and there is no such setting, can you check how you got it exaclty please?

nieda113
    Participant

hi, do have racemenu installed?

her are the settings for length of arm , scaling and so on…
    BTW today i reinstalled skyrim due to five years of heavy modding creating annoying bugs.
    After restart and some basic mods reinstalled i can say the best solution for such problems ist a fresh install.
    Skyrim seems to run smoother and of course bug free….

Snacky
    Participant

Yeah, i have racemenu installed and i can’t find any option for changing hands or arms, only weapons.

Ovo
    Participant

RaceMenu installed here too and I only have four or five options in the Body section. But I can see from the mod’s screenshots that I should have a lot more, so I get it’s a bug. Need to troubleshoot this.

lipplog
    Participant

Here’s a quick fix by ImmersiveGamer83…

Karlor
    Participant

The vids crap sorry. Way too long and still doesn’t solve the issue lol you have to set your in-gane FOV to something like 120 or greater. Then the view pulls back and your not as zoomed in making them “smaller”. The scale DOES NOT change just the view get pulled back and opened up. The issue people have is you can have your FOV set to 120 and yet your hands are still zoomed in, simply re-set you FOV back to 120 and it will zoom out your hands. The scale of the hands can only be changed with mods like race menu. You can adjust the weight down to slim them up but if you want “shorter” arms/fingers you’ll have to edit bones. The new version I think you have to compile your own sliders to be used with it. Could be why some options are missing. I was going to dig into it but pulling the FOV back to 120ish is good enough. Also the hands FOV resets from time to time and may require resetting multiple time during game play. Even if the FOV doesn’t seem to change the hands can re zoom so just reset FOV. Also try to remember that the people in Skyrim aren’t exactly realistic so if the hands and arms are a lot bigger then yours just go work out IRL ;)

lipplog
    Participant

Try this mod. It’ll edit your bones automatically.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26764/?

AerowynX
    Participant

Try this mod. It’ll edit your bones automatically.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26764/?

tried this did nothing.. i have tried every camera mod.. i tried the racemenu thing and nothing seems to fix this.. if anyone actually found a fix please let me know

nieda113
    Participant

Hi seems u messed up ur installation. Do a fresh install…..
    is like the best advise…

AerowynX
    Participant

Hi seems u messed up ur installation. Do a fresh install…..
    is like the best advise…

i just reinstalled the game the immersive camera mod does not fix the issue for me nor does any other mod people have posted.. what resolves the issue for you?

nieda113
    Participant

I guess u have bodyslide and outfit studio installed.
    So why dont you try to just batch build your cbbe or unp body. Enable bodymorphs, click batch build with your favourite body and that should fix defective meshes ..

BTW what skeleton u use i think xpsme (skeleton) and a hdt body is what u should have in your modlist

Use make sure bodymorphs tab is checked, then click build and ur body is a basebody again . By checking the morphs tab u have lots more options in racemnue to play with….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!