Imported profiles

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Imported profiles

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kubax230
    Participant

Hello, where I can find imported cloud profiles? I imported few of them but can’t find it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There’s not much to it: all you have to do is importing the profile from the cloud profiles page in the config app. Afterwards it is automatically active and shown in your local profiles list.

Imported profiles are shown with a blue font instead of black in the local profiles list.

red
    Participant

Imported Cloud Profiles don’t always appear in the Local Profiles list for me (even when the dialogue box says ‘successful’). Sometimes the profile appears in blue in the Local list, sometimes not.

Maybe OP has same problem? Try importing some different titles from Cloud and see if they appear in the Local list.

You might not be able to gain the Profile you want but at least you’ll be a bit closer to understanding why not.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That sounds odd, never encountered something like that. Can you maybe provide one or two examples that I could check?

Be aware that imported official profiles (author: [vorpX]), which most of the time are the same that you have in the local database anyway, aren’t shown in blue color. Only user profiles/settings are blue in the local list to indicate that they differ from the default profiles/settings.

red
    Participant

Importing user Cloud Profiles for both ‘Alien Isolation’ and ‘Bioshock Infinite’ gives no new entry (blue or otherwise) in the Local list.

I do have some user Cloud Profiles that have successfully appeared in blue in the Local list, ‘Enderal’ and ‘Resident Evil 7’ for example.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s because those are “just” custom settings for an official profile, not entire user profiles, which – contrary to what I said above – doesn’t result in a blue local list entry, only full user profiles do. Sorry for the confusion.

If it says the import succeeded, all is well.

Background info:

The difference between user profiles and user settings is that the latter only contain the things you can change in the vorpX ingame menu, while full user profiles also contain the ‘system’-part of a profile like .exe assignments, the internal 3d-creation parameters etc., which makes them more prone to messing things up. Hence the decision to mark full user profiles with a different display color in the local list that let’s you see at first glance whether you are using an user profile or an official one.

Now you may ask yourself why the heck does this seemingly overcomplicated distinction between custom settings and custom profiles exist in the first place? The answer is that this allows custom settings to work without completety overwriting a potentially updated official profile, which is extremely useful. And that without you having to care (or even know) about what is what.

Dosblade
    Participant

Yeah Dec 2023 and it still happens. Very confusing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!