Installation error "The source file is corrupted"

Homepage Forums Installation and Registration Support Installation error "The source file is corrupted"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Saj
    Participant

VorpX Installer Error source file is corrupted

Gets stuck on this file and the following ones.

I tried running as admin and changing the folder location.

HELP! I really want to play some GTAV :D

Saj
    Participant

It’s working now :D

Thirsty
    Participant

I am having the exact same issue.

What did you do to fix it??

SteveThurston
    Participant

what did you do to fix it?

Fourcide
    Participant

I’m having the same problem. Tried to run vorpX a few days ago and it updated and broke itself. Re-downloaded the web installer and I am greeted by this message every time I try and run it.

Also tried to run it on my laptop and my crappy old pc; same thing happens.

SteveThurston
    Participant

Exact same here.

I tried it ONCE a couple of months ago with GTA 5 when I first bought – my experience was crap.

Wanted to try it again a few days ago with Fallout 4, and got the update prompt.

Tried downloading/reinstalling it a few times, all I get is the corrupt file error.

Done the whole firewall, full uninstall, admin run, dif install dir, etc – obviously without any luck.

I’ve tried contacting vorpx a couple of times, with no reply.

Not impressed so far.

Definately a program I will be turning ppl away from.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Very odd issue. This has never been brought up until a few days ago. Might be an odd virus scanner problem with the latest version. Try to disable your virus scanner.

Please also try to completely uninstall vorpX and then remove the vorpX program folder manually before reinstalling. It can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX

BTW: if you use anything else than Windows Defender, I would highly suggest to switch to that, some rather annoying over scanners cause trouble with each new vorpX build.

SteveThurston
    Participant

Have tried turning defender off multiple times and giving an exclusion to the setup file only, No other scanners installed.

Used uninstaller and also allowed it to remove reg entries.

Have removed directory and tried installing in a diff dir and drive.

Have tried running installer as ADMIN.

No changes to the system or network have been done since initial install except game installs via steam.

Still no go.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Windows Defender does not cause any problems here, please double check whether you maybe have other “internet security” software or something similar installed that might cause problems. There definitely is no issue with setup file on the server, it somehow has to get corrupted during download, or (more likely) extraction on your PC, otherwise the installer would most likely report a checksum error on start.

The setup on the server has been re-uploaded nonetheless just in case it might have been a very odd general issue with the file that only causes issues for every 100th download or so.

Fourcide
    Participant

I have now tried the installer on 4 computers: 2 Windows 10 and 2 Windows 7, the second of the Windows 7 being a completely fresh install without any “internet security” software being installed including Security Essentials, firewall disabled and with no unnecessary services or processes running.

The same error occurs on all of them, running as admin or not, installing to program files or not, installing to a different drive or not, Installing from a different drive or not. I even tried changing the environment variable for the temp folder in case it had something to do with that.

Clearly there is something else going on here, vorpX was running perfectly fine for me before the last update.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately it’s impossible to recreate the issue here. It’s also hard to even think of anything except some external factor that might corrupt the vorpConfing.exe, which obviously is totally fine within the installer archive and extracts perfectly fine in almost all cases.

The issue will be investigated further, but right now there is nothing I can recommend besides what I recommended above, sorry.

SteveThurston
    Participant

No other internet security or virus protection software.

Can we get a link to an earlier version please?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The plot thickens: judging from the IP addresses all three reports about this issue are from Australia and an ISP called Optus, which almost certainly isn’t a coincidence.

A not unlikely option seems to be that Optus cached the installer file, which then got corrupted in their cache, and because of that you get a corrupted one although the original file on the server here is perfectly fine. Might make sense to contact them and ask whether that could be the case.

Fourcide
    Participant

Edit: Nevermind I see you may have found the problem, I will try a VPN and see if it fixes the problem

Could repacking the installer possibly help?

Most of my Vive usage was on games run with vorpX so this is rather frustrating for me

Fourcide
    Participant

That was indeed the problem!

Running the web setup through a VPN yielded a setup that ran perfectly fine.

THANK YOU Ralf

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!