Keeps reinstalling

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jay2oh
    Participant

for some reason when I open the icon “start Vorpx” it just updates and basically goes through the installation wizard every time

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try a full install, that should help.

If you don’t have your web installer anymore, you can get a new one here:
    http://www.vorpx.com/request-new-download/

dayglow
    Participant

I’ve done that, used the full install, but everytime I start Vorpx it keeps trying to update and I have to do a full install which wipes all my settings and presets.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There have been two hotfix releases after the initial 17.1. One yesterday, one today, hence the new update installs. That should be it for now unless someone discovers another semi-severe issue.

Better preservation of settings during updates will be looked into sometime this year. Up until now everything VR related (including vorpX) was so much in flux that settings were overwritten on purpose.

If you have games that you invested a lot of time in settings wise, you can make backups of your settings in the config app. Either in the cloud if you want to share them or locally as settings files.

dayglow
    Participant

kk, good to know they are hotfixes, it just coincided with my booting up vorpx so it seemed it was wanting to install every time.

Thanks for the great support and amazing software.

orthicviper
    Participant

So that’s what was happening. I thought it was a bug too.

cjthibs
    Participant

The issue seems to be that the installer cannot close other programs.

Mine did exactly what you’re describing about 8 times, each time saying ‘Rolling back changes.’ Which is exactly what the installer says if you cancel closing of other programs.

In my case the offending programs are Firefox and Cortana. (Windows 10)

Enverex
    Participant

I had this issue, it kept trying to install and then rolling back every time without saying why, kinda annoying.

Anyway, closing Steam allowed it to complete successfully… for some reason.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!