Mass Effect 3 – Getting hit

Homepage Forums Technical Support Mass Effect 3 – Getting hit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve gotten mass effect 3 to work amazingly using VorpX. Its crazy good. I use flawless widescreen to get a better FOV also.
    The problem is that every time I get hit, the game puts up some sort of blood overlay, and splits the view between the eyes. Its enough to make your brain explode in pain. So it loses the 3d effect and you basically can’t see anything. I’m assuming this is VorpX, not flawless widescreen. Any suggestions?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Consider this a visual simulation of the pain you experience when getting hit and it starts to make sense.

Seriously: I have to investigate this, so no immediate solution, sorry. With some luck it’s just a matter of disabling the offending effect, but that isn’t guaranteed. It’s not unlikely that this was already checked when the profile was originally created and I just can’t remember.

Could you check whether it also happens without Flawless Widescreen and report back here? Thanks.

Syndroid
    Participant

You don’t need flawless widescreen at all.
    Just use the console (has to be enabled via config editing) and type in fov 110
    or directly change it in the coalesced.ini.
    This also fixes the fov in cutscenes, which makes them actually watchable in VR.

I don’t have this issue with the blood overlay that bad. Maybe it is caused by a specific hud setting, or post processing in the game config.

dborosev
    Participant

Ok thanks guys. I’ll try without and get back to you.

dborosev
    Participant

Nope, happens without any FOV changes too.
    Its something in VorpX. The screen splits into separate eyes, so it messes with the stereoscopic vision.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I didn’t have a chance to look at this before the last update, but it’s on the list. With some luck it can be addressed by disabling a shader, but judging from the description there also is a certain chance that it’s something more severe and can’t be addressed.

dborosev
    Participant

Cool, hopefully its something that can be fixed. I think I’d rather just be shot with a real laser than have that migrane-inducing split view in every combat situation. :)

prinyo
    Participant

I just started playing ME3 for the first time ever and I find it very disappointing that there is no way to holster weapons. The body and the weapons models seem smaller than ME2 but they still consume a lot of prime screen space.
    I guess if people are playing ME3 in VR mode there is a solution for this. I searched forums and mods, but couldn’t find anything.
    How do you deal with this?

dborosev
    Participant

Ralf, to supplement this, it also happens with various power effects. ie. when you use “adrenaline rush”, the screen goes wonky.
    So its unplayable as-is, unless there is a way to fix this. (Btw, this is in cinema mode for me)

MaxSmalls
    Participant

I’m reproducing as well. This happened as soon as I upgraded to the HTC Vive last July. Before that I was using an Oculus Rift DK2 for almost a year with no issues. I just tried again with the Vive and it’s unplayable. Gives me a huge headache.

MaxSmalls
    Participant

I did a little experimenting, and it appears to be related to the 3D separation in Geometry mode. If you lower the separation to 0.00 it stretches until it looks normal. It’s as if it thinks that lowest level of UI is way too close to you or something so it basically puts it like it’s right up at your nose. Also, turning off Geometry mode and putting it to Z-Normal or Z-Adaptive gets rid of it at the expense of everything being properly shown in 3D.

dborosev
    Participant

Yeah but playing on Z adaptive kind of sucks after seeing it in true 3d.

dborosev
    Participant

Interesting about the Vive only. I have a vive, so that would make sense.
    Ralf – this gives me hope that its just something in the Vive beta that can be tweaked to get it working?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not Vive only, it is (was) a shader issue. Finally fixed it today in both ME2 and ME3. You can download the fixed “Mass Effect 2 [vorpX]”, respectively “Mass Effect 3 [vorpX]” profiles from the cloud.

The same issue occurs with some power effects (e.g. a barrier in ME2 or an energy bolt in ME3). I fixed a few, but almost certainly didn’t catch all of them. If you discover something like that, it would be great if you could provide a savegame together with a description how to replicate the effect.

dborosev
    Participant

Yay, playable once again!
    Ill give it a try tomorrow. Good work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!