Mirrors edge not working (with video and specs)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Mirrors edge not working (with video and specs)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey guys, I recently purchased a new computer and I tried to use VorpX with it. As I followed as many instructions on the FAQ I still cannot get the game Mirrors edge to work (I did a direct game shorcut launch with VorpX also). I have a little bit of video, but it Goes back to Windows desktop shortly after. when I try to switch back it gets unbearably laggy, flashes black more than it shows anything, and then switches back to windows anyways.

Here is a little video, but it mostly now just goes black and slightly plays music.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neKNl_-3DJ0&feature=youtu.be

Here is a picture link with my specs also:
    http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=9199249

And what I have configured both with VorpX, my screen resolution and adapter:
    http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=dc3fbf2

It worked quite well on my last computer, but the last computer was so weak I never could effectively play it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That looks, well, interesting…

Can’t replicate the issue unfortunately (using the Steam version of ME). So all I have are a few general things:

– Disable (or better uninstall, then restart Windows) the MSI Gaming App and Shadowplay (GeForce Experience). Both programs probably hook into DirectX similar to vorpX, which might cause a conflict.
    – Try to switch from Z-Buffer to Geometry 3D or vice versa and restart the game. This might help.
    – Try another graphics driver version. The card itself can be ruled out, I think. The main dev machines have a GTX770 here ATM, but maybe it’s an issue with a specific driver version.
    – In case your old machine had an nVidia graphics card too (and you still have it), please check whether any graphics driver settings are different than before.
    – if nothing helps, please send me a screenshot of your task manager showing all running processes to support |at| vorpx com . Maybe I can spot something else that possibly interferes with vorpX.
    (- Just in case you haven’t done so already: please check the trouble shooting guide above.)

Shame that I might have to uninstall MSI and Shadowplay, but I’ll give it a shot (And the other stuff if that does not fix it). I’ll let you know the outcome when I get it done.

So, I followed the instructions and tried turning off MSI and Shadowplay, and it didn’t work. I did however kept them off and uninstalled and reinstalled Mirrors edge, and that got it to work! I will post later when I have time to see if Shadowplay and MSI interfere at all with VorpX. Thanks for the help Ralf.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!