Not working.

Homepage Forums Technical Support Not working.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    de2truction
    Participant

I followed all instructions I could find, but according to google, no-one has my problem. Great.
    Anyway, I just bought it and restarted my pc after installation (Just in case.)
    When I run my games, the run fine, but it’s cross eye view, not oculus mode. I have the menus and everything, but it displays as a normal game. (No ‘Eye hole’ display or whatever) Please help me, or i’ve completely wasted £25.

Oh, and I use the DK2.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The obvious things first, just in case you missed it so far: Please make sure to follow the DK2 Setup guide in the help. It mentions two possible configurations (Rift as primary and Rift as secondary monitor). Try both and make sure to follow all steps mentioned there.

Also please reinstall the latest runtime from the Oculus website, just to make sure you have the newest one. it should install with vorpX, but that might have failed for some reason.

If that does not solve your problem, and you have issues with multiple games not hooking, it’s quite likely that something on your PC is interfering with vorpX. This can be a display driver add-on, a chat prgram that hooks into games, a virus scanner and some other things. There is a trouble shooting guide in the help that lists the most common things in this regard.

de2truction
    Participant

And I use AMD. Windows 7.

de2truction
    Participant

I tried everything you said, but nothing worked. Thanks for the help though.

de2truction
    Participant

Bump.

de2truction
    Participant

I’m going to try and reinstall my game. Hopefully it works.

de2truction
    Participant

Still doesn’t work, does anyone know how to fix this? Or did I just buy something that does nothing? Vireio works, so why doesn’t this? Help.

goshops
    Participant

What do you mean there is no eye hole?

When you open the menu for vorpx, there are options to mess with the interpupillary distance–if I am understanding you correctly–so things aren’t making you cross-eyed.

However, if it looks just like your regular monitor without the two separate images, then the only time that happens to me is when vorpx doesn’t hook properly. I still get the menu but it’s like I opened the game on a regular monitor. What fixes that, for me, is to completely restart my computer.

What games have you tried and what games aren’t working for you?

de2truction
    Participant

I’ve tried skyrim, black ops and mirror’s edge. I’ve restarted my pc multiple times, but it still doesn’t work. And yes, I mean it looks like the normal monitor.

de2truction
    Participant

No games work as far as I’ve tried.

de2truction
    Participant

YES
    I have found out why!
    My PC consists of 2 users, I am not the admin.
    Sure, I can run things as admin, but VorpX only works on admin profiles.
    Sadly though, I’m still having some trouble, the game closes down after it loads.

goshops
    Participant

Well, I highly doubt I would have come to that conclusion, glad you were able to figure it out. Can switching your account to admin resolve that? As far as games not loading, or crashing after load, might be a driver issue, though I’m not 100% on that. Usually a driver update resolves that issue for me.

de2truction
    Participant

Don’t worry about it, I just needed one last reboot. Thanks for the help guys! :)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!