oculus sdk 4.3

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion oculus sdk 4.3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kjracing81
    Participant

Can I update without causing problems with vorpx? I assume no problems but I would like to check

moarveer
    Participant

I want to know this too, right now I’m not gonna update since it seems to be breaking compatibility with old Unity apps and it doesn’t bring much at a user level.

kjracing81
    Participant

this will need an answer from Ralph i think

Ralf
    Keymaster

A short test looks positive. Everything seems to be OK when using the 0.43 runtime, at least as far as I can tell from shortly trying a handful of games. More testing will be done next week.

If you want to be on the safe side, I would recommend to create a manual system restore point in Windows before installing the 0.43 runtime. This way you would be able to roll back easily in case any issues do show up.

Dukealicious
    Participant

I updated right away and I have not been having any issues. Been playing Bioshock Infinite and it is still the best experience I have had in the rift. Vorpx was worth it for just this alone. I don’t get any judder in Vorpx but I do in a lot of demos made specifically for the rift. I don’t know what you are doing Ralf but keep it up. Looking forward to the next update.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!