Outlast 2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    broksampson
    Participant

What other profiles are worth trying on it?

steph12
    Participant

i’m going crazy.
    why does it work for you while it doesnt work for us ?
    i tried everything, the game wont hook.

windows 10 64bits , all up to date. htc vive. steamVR (tried both beta and regular version).

AerowynX
    Participant

going to try tonight and see if I can get it to work.. i’d think outlast 1 profile would work since they are both unreal 3 engine

Oody
    Participant

Ahah I don’t know. the game just hook without doing anything so I can’t really help you
    I could try upload my profile but I haven’t touched anything so I don’t think it will be useful

broksampson
    Participant

Guys I am using “unreal engine 3” profile which gives you z-normal at least. It’s not g3d which sucks bc that’s how I played outlast 1 and dlc but atleast it’s something.

AerowynX
    Participant

outlast 1 profile didn’t work for you?

broksampson
    Participant

Not at all unfortunately.

broksampson
    Participant

Oody when you say you got it working you DO mean geometry 3d right?

steph12
    Participant

i tried many profiles even profile without unreal engine 3 (yeah i’m that hopeless), i got the game to work with z3D somehow but fov does not look right even when you tweak ini files.

geometry is a no-go atm.

i hope ralf will look into this, let’s face it, he’s our only hope.

broksampson
    Participant

I wish I could tie edge peek screen to my hmd tracking bc it covers my whole fov and looks better for some reason. We def need more options for screen distance and independent size. So far the game has been enjoyable, and runs super well. But dang g3d is just so much better.

steph12
    Participant

any luck guys ? geometry 3D speaking.

edward0293
    Participant

I got it to hook by running everything as administrator (steam, oculus software, and vorpx) but once I try to apply the outlast 1 profile in vorpx it wont hook. So for now you can basically only use it on the oculus without 3d, which is probably still more scary that looking at a monitor but still not the same as 3d :/

broksampson
    Participant

Use the unreal engine 3 profile for z normal (not adaptive) 3d. It’s crappier than glorious geometry but better than flat screen. Set focal offset to 70 ish, near-far weight almost totally near. Turn fluid sync to faster sharpening aggressive, sharpening all the way up, use faa or taa from game options.

broksampson
    Participant

Hey ralf, any guesses about any profiles that might bestow upon us geometry 3d?

grumdark
    Participant

According to the webpage pcgaming wiki:
    Change FOV for different views
    Edit %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Outlast2\OLGame\Config\OLGame.ini

Change the following values to your preference,for example:
    DefaultFOV=90.0 – camcorder down, in both gameplay and cutscenes
    RunningFOV=110.0 – slightly wider view
    CamcorderMinFOV=10.0 – camcorder zoom in, lower value to increase zoom power
    CamcorderNVMaxFOV=75.0 – camcorder zoom out, night vision on
    CamcorderMaxFOV=75.0 – camcorder zoom out

Attention:
    The FOV values to use in headset (oculus Cv1, HTC Live e.t.c. could be totally different, but these are the lines that control FOV)
    ——————————————————————————-

For Unlock FPS cap:
    Edit %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Outlast2\OLGame\Config\OLEngine.ini
    Find bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE and replace with bSmoothFrameRate=FALSE
    ——————————————————————————-

PD: Outlast 2 uses executable 64 bit,and directx 11,so you will most likely need a profile created by Ralf to get 3D Geometry.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!