Rank your 5 best Vorpx games.

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Rank your 5 best Vorpx games.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Tiggerdyret
    Participant

I wanted to get an overview of the most playable Vorpx Games. Even the games with DirectVR support has a few quirks, so what are you guys favorite titles are as of the current patch. Rank your 5 most playable Vorpx titles.

edo
    Participant

1) Skyrim with Enderal mod. This makes this years old game seem like brand new
    2) Fallout4. Sort of holding off to see if the Vr release will be worth it
    3) Grand Theft Auto V
    thats as far as I have gotten. Cant give you 5. I am sure there are plenty of other great ones but even being retired I am not even close to finishing those 3.

matteo39
    Participant

I NEVER USE directvr…

Karlor
    Participant

I’m using an old ancient version but here’s the top choice cuts in my book:
    1) Skyrim (completely modable, highly tunable, 95% perfect)
    2) Bioshock Infinite (outstanding visuals, great gameplay and story)
    3) Fallout New Vegas (like Skyrim highly modable and tunable)
    4) Grand Theft Auto 5 (highly tunable/modable, great visuals and gameplay)
    5) Dishonored (Great visuals, ganmeplay and story, DLC is fantastic)

honorable mentions are:
    Alien Isolation
    Dying Light

AerowynX
    Participant

1. Bioshock 1

2. Bioshock 2

3. Dishonored 1

4. Dear Esther

5. The Stanely Parable

dborosev
    Participant

1) RE7
    2) Fallout 4
    3) Skyrim
    4) Dishonored
    5) Mass effect 3
    6) Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Wishlist:
    – Mass Effect Andromeda
    – Assassins Creed 4, 5, 6
    – Dishonored 2

bob24
    Participant

are you getting a good fps on those games while using vorpx and what kind of machine you using
    I’m using a 2500 k i5 overclocked to 4.2ghz and a r9 fury with 12 gb ram that’s why I’m not sure if I want to buy this software as it may not work properly

Karlor
    Participant

The software will work fine. You mite not be able to run the games with graphics fully enabled and maxed out but it will run the software just fine. I don’t ever pay attention to what my exact frame rates are but with my Dk2 and a little beefier machine the fps is great. Pretty easy equation here: Higher graphic settings = slower fps. You could run vorpx with a potato but the visuals will suck. Nothing new there, that goes for just about anything as far a software and games goes. If you want to actually use you DK2 for more then just crappy, amateur-hour Oculus demos then buy vorpx. Honestly anyone who cant get vorpx to work is either a little dumb, or has zero computer experience or cant’ read lol

JustinOhio
    Participant

I haven’t used a whole lot with VorpX that has been playable for me. I tried GTA5 but I don’t think I messed with it long enough to get the settings right. I probably just need to apply a profile to it, (not sure if this is the same as using the auto-configure settings option). One thing I have been playing is Black Mesa. I’m having the time of my life reliving the Half Life 1 experience in the actual game world with great graphics.

I tried Batman Arkham City, while it did work, it just wasn’t the experience I wanted. It basically just shows the game to you in a cinema like experience and gives it a 3-d effect. It’s probably just the way the game is designed though that limits it.

I’d love to play through GTA 5, so maybe I should mess with that some more and try the profile thing? Sorry, I’m still new to VR and VorpX.

StreetPreacher
    Participant

The Bethesda stuff works great with VorPX, currently enjoying Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas, and holding off on Fallout 4 to see what happens with the official VR mod… As for performance I just upgraded to a 1080ti which improved things quite a bit, however I’m still not getting great performance.

For instance I can run SkyrimSE with max settings at 2400×1800 and it looks great, but I still get visual stuttering even though Afterburner real-time stats show that neither CPU or GPU are hitting 100% at the time. I’ll have to do more benchmarking, but I’m assuming that brute force just isn’t enough for perfect performance, and there are some inherent bottlenecks with this mod. I’m just not sure if bumping up to an i7 7700 will provide any more performance than i’m already getting with the i5 6500…

The experience is still very enjoyable, even if perfect performance is a physical impossibility ;)

Also enjoying Bioshock Infinte (although it seems to be crashing all the time now for some reason), Resident Evil 7, Far Cry Primal, The Portal games, Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

Here’s a pic of my new rig, most people seem to get a kick out of it :)

JustinOhio
    Participant

StreetPreacher, I wonder if it could be a bottle-neck in the serial bus somewhere?

adisplinter
    Participant

I’m gonna make it a top 10 ;)

1. Alien Isolation
    2. Dead Space 1-3
    3. Dying Light
    4. Stalker COP Misery Mod
    5. Metro 2033 and Last Light
    6. Half Life 2
    7. Outlast
    8. Fallout: New Vegas
    9. Battlefield 3-4
    10. The Witcher 3 (only a part on cinema mode)

Unplayed, potentialy top 5: Mass Effect 1-3, Skyrim SE, Splinter Cell 3, GTA 5, Dishonored, Bioshock, Portal 1-2

steph12
    Participant

I’m gonna make it a top 10 😉

1. Alien Isolation
    2. Dead Space 1-3
    3. Dying Light
    4. Stalker COP Misery Mod
    5. Metro 2033 and Last Light
    6. Half Life 2
    7. Outlast
    8. Fallout: New Vegas
    9. Battlefield 3-4
    10. The Witcher 3 (only a part on cinema mode)

Unplayed, potentialy top 5: Mass Effect 1-3, Skyrim SE, Splinter Cell 3, GTA 5, Dishonored, Bioshock, Portal 1-2

hello, did you get dying light working in geometry 3D ?

adisplinter
    Participant

No mate, it’s my fault, I should have specified…it’s the only one from that top that I only played on DK2, back in 2015, when it was supported natively for old Oculus runtime 0.5 or 0.6. But I put it there because I believe Ralf will eventually figure out a way of playing it on CV1 (hopefully) ;) I think Dying Light is now the most anticipated game for VorpX supported games :)

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

I only have a top 3 myself as I don’t want to include games I haven’t truly played. I have tried a lot that either didn’t run well enough or wasn’t supported yet.

1. Dishonored: It works so well in VR. No big hands and very little tweaking before it ran perfectly. I really like the gameplay for VR. Stealthing + being a completely OP character is such a rush in VR. It plays well with a controller. I mapped D-up and D-Down to “Reset Cam” and “Edge Peek” through Pinnacle game profiler, and then ran the rest of the controls with the games controller support, which works perfectly. I decided to just set it up manually without Direct VR, because the scan only works in some places. 19020×1440 runs fine on my gtx 980. I also set the image zoom to 0.70 and fov to 90, which helped with the alaising and image quality and weirdly also made the player height seem more natural.

2. New Vegas. This is just such great game, but took a lot of time to set up with a decent mod list. I made guide on how to set it up manually as Direct VR wasn’t out, when I played it. Took a lot of time to set up, but played so well. I think I spent 40 hours in VR in that game.

3. Bioshock Infinite. The game looks gorgeous, though the gameplay is nauseating. But it is fun flashing through the sky. I haven’t played that much, but I might give it another whirl, when my VR tolerance has increased again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!