Skyrim CPU recommendation

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Skyrim CPU recommendation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    h3rr_b3rt
    Participant

So ofc I’d love to buy vorpx and play me some Skyrim on my Oculus, but I’ve read several times now that it is very demanding on the CPU. So I am already pretty sure that my good ol’ i5 2500 is nowhere near cutting it. But I am considering buying a new CPU anyway, so I’d like to hear which CPU you would at least recommend for a smooth experience, and how the game is running for you, especially if you have a CPU that’s already 2 or 3 years old.

my GPU btw is the gtx 1060, I think I should be fine with that?

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

I think you are okay with that cpu. Why not just try it out and see how well you are doing. Original skyrim is very cpu intensive in cities where there are a lot of npcs, but since the game doesn’t support more than 4 cores you won’t get that much out of upgrading. GTX 1060 is a pretty good fit for that cpu as they don’t really bottleneck each other. If you are considering an upgrade it might be time to save up for a whole new system.

alegse
    Participant

For gaming you just can’t beat the Intel Core i7-4790K. Best VR cpu possible.
    I found it a major upgrade coming from an AMD AthlonX4.

steph12
    Participant

uh, my i7 5820k @ 4.5 ghz struggles hard in VR with skyrim… but it’s because the game engine is atrocious.

i have no idea how your i5 will do with skyrim in VR, but i dont think you’ll get high fps in vr.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!