Skyrim picture off-centered after upscaling!

Homepage Forums Technical Support Skyrim picture off-centered after upscaling!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    fpsdave
    Participant

So the picture for skyrim on my rift was fine before i upscailed, just blurry. So i internally upscailed it with vorpx to 2.0 and the picture is crisp now! Only problem is the picture has seem to shifted to the top left, so the bottom right has all these colorful lines around the screen. Anyone have any idea on how to correct the screen positioning?

Ralf
    Keymaster

No double posts with the same issue please to avoid forum clutter, thanks. I deleted your other thread with the same issue.

Never heard of this issue before, but you can easily work around it by setting a resolution in your SkyrimPrefs.ini instead of using the internal upscaling, which has the same effect in the end.

1. Go to [Documents]\My Games\Skyrim\
    2. Open SkyrimPrefs.ini with a text editor
    3. Set bFull Screen=0
    4. Change iSize W and iSize H to the desired resolution

Recommended resolutions are 1280×1024 for performance, 1600×1200 or 1920×1440 for quality.

If you are unfamilar with editing .ini files, please make a backup before you edit the .ini.

fpsdave
    Participant

Hey Ralf, already been done, so not so easily work around. The resolution isn’t the problem. The game resolution is the same. It’s just the picture shrinks to the top left and the rest of the image is covered in lines like the picture in the post you previously deleted. Hope more help comes though!

Ralf
    Keymaster

You do not need the upscale if you set the resolution in the .ini. Both do the same in the end. If the upscaling does not work for you, set the upscaling value in vorpX to 1.0 and use the .ini setting instead.

fpsdave
    Participant

It seems as this gentleman, “Also, note that, after setting the resolution to 1280×1024, you should set the VorpX internal scaling as high as it can go without reducing frame rates. That makes a big difference. I have it at 2.0 (the max) on my GTX970, as I found the game was completely CPU-limited on my PC.” Seems to set the internal scaling higher, and receives a better picture in the end. All with the resolution 1280×1024

Ralf
    Keymaster

Instead of doing that you can set a higher resolution in the ini like described in my first answer above, which has the same effect.

Recommended resolutions are 1280×1024 for performance, 1600×1200 or 1920×1440 for quality.

chisel316
    Participant

I don’t have any problems with upscaling to 2.0 with a resolution of 1280×1024, but I see the same effect as you with the screen shifted to the upper left and glitched bars on the right and bottom when I switch to any of the Z-Buffer modes. I haven’t figured out how to remove them yet, so I just stick with Geometry mode, even though I get a better frame rate with Z-Buffer.

Peace \/
    chisel316

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!