Star Citizen 3.0 now works with vorpX

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Star Citizen 3.0 now works with vorpX

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Eychimo
    Participant

Eychimo
    Participant

Here’s how to set up vorpX to run Star Citizen 3.0

Ralf
    Keymaster

That comes as a pleasant surprise, great find. The game crashed shortly after start through all alpha 2 versions with no apparent reason.

I’ll check whether it makes sense to add an official profile that can fully utilize the new vorpX features like auto-resolution etc.

Eychimo
    Participant

Thanks for the latest update Raif.
    It works really well now as long as you follow the procedure. Even the immersion setting works. No more using Tridef3D and Cinema mode. Head tracking is great. That was the first time I entered the PU as I did not think it would run well with Star Citizens frame rate. I was just entering Arena Commander where the frame rate is 60 plus easy. But honestly, I could not tell any difference from being in VR. Might have some thing to do with Star Citizens frame rate problem coming from server side and not cpu/gpu.
    A basic profile would be great, then we could save our changes to it :)

Sqeela
    Participant

Hi Eychimo,

Have you been able to force Star Citizen’s fov wider than 95 degrees? the cl_fov command does not work in 3.0 so the only way I can make Vorpx look OK is with a very small view window.

Sq.

Eychimo
    Participant

Hmm, not having that issue. Make sure you are using pixel 1:1, letterbox 1 or 2. Then use the zoom feature in vorpx to bring it to your headset. You can also use the immersion setting instead of the full VR one.
    Here is a video of titan in game while in vorpX. My in game settings are NO full screen, detail set to High, and I am running 1440p resolution. I do not even mess with the in game FOV. I also turn the chromatic crap to 0 :).

Frame rates are not the best, depends on server load. But was getting better frame rates then most with out VR. This was using full immersion mode. I flip the windows on about half way through to show the HMD view. Oculus and vorpX of course do not like overlays, so unabble to give rtts info while in VR.

Sqeela
    Participant

Thanks Eychimo – I will check my settings!

Ralf
    Keymaster

CryEngine usually uses vertical FOV values. If that was the case, 95 should almost suffice for a full image, but judging from your description that doesn’t seem to be the case here.

I haven’t tried yet, but with some luck they use a horizontal FOV in a way that is affected by the game’s aspect ratio, so setting a 4:3 resolution (or something even more narrow) is worth a shot.

Doesn’t have to help, but might.

Triskelos
    Participant

Hi,
    I just tried to use vorpx as you described, followed your procedure exactly…several times. I am getting a screen on my Oculus Rift, same as Cinema mode, not 3d stereoscopic, same as on my monitor, except it is in front of my view where ever I turn my head. The view is of whatever is in that direction, but it is flat. I rechecked all the settings, as you described, several times. I don’t have any overlays on, was using MSI Afterburner now exited. I checked that SC was not in full screen, but windowed. Maybe it has to do with Alpha 3.0 being on PU now and something got changed, IDK. I really would love to play this game in VR. Any advice is welcome, as long as it is constructive. Thanks.

Triskelos (SC Handle)

Ralf
    Keymaster

The game is not officially supported by vorpX (never was).

There is no 3D profile for it and considering the performance of the game it’s doubtful whether that will make any sense before much better GPUs hit the market.

The next vorpX version will add a start notification that makes it clear that there is no ‘real’ support for the game to prevent any future confusion.

Eychimo
    Participant

run the game in HMD native resolution. that will be either 2160×1200 or 1080×1200. if you have 1080p monitor use downscaling. do not use DSR. here is how to make custom resolution on nvidia card.

this what game should look like if you have done everything right.

hope this helps

Eychimo
    Participant

And of course Raif is right.
    It is not like playing with a game that can easily convert to VR. It is much better then 2d but not great 3d. Unless you are in Arena Commander the frame rates are too low to enjoy.

Triskelos
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I was doing something wrong. I have an i7-6700K CPU, a GTX 1080 graphics card, 64 GB RAM, and a 4K 55″ Samsung TV for a monitor, 3ft. from my nose…lol. Seeing the screen in my HMD was not as good as on my big monitor. It is sort of like TrackIR but you get to see directly where you look., with Vorpx. I am going to try with the lower rez, as you suggested, and see what happens. I realize CIG is in no hurry to do VR, yet. Way too much on their plate for now. But Star Citizen will look awesome in VR.

christian.djurberg
    Participant

Im having the same problem… :/

Is the “Zoom” in the VorpX settings? Im unable to find that.
    Have to look closer I guess hehe

Eychimo
    Participant

if you are in immersion mode no zoom. can only change zoom setting in cinema or full vr mode. and yes these settings are in the vorpX in game menu settings. Delete key is keyboard shortcut for vorpX menu.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!