Steam error

Homepage Forums Technical Support Steam error

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    chisel316
    Participant

I haven’t used vorpX in awhile. When I tried it with my Steam games tonight, I got this message from all games:

An error occurred while updating <game> (unknown error)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    chisel316

chisel316
    Participant

I found a workaround, although I have no idea why I have to do this now and never had to do it before. I need to pause the vorpX watcher while I launch the game and then resume it.

Ralf: Do you have any idea why all of a sudden I need to pause the watcher for the game to work? Where do I find the vorpX log?

Thanks,
    chisel316

Jim
    Participant

Chisel do you have this problem with all Steam games? I am able to run Metro Last Light Redux and Tomb Raider launching from the Steam Library. But I get the error u describe with BioShock Infinite when launching from the Steam library. When I try launching directly from the bioshockinfinite.exe I get a missing MSVCP.DLL error. Actually the stars aligned once and I was able to launch it using a short cut from within the Vorpx Desktop viewer. Everything worked find for 2 hours. But I could never do it again. I tried your work around of pausing the watcher. The game would launch but displayed only on the monitor and not in my Vive when I resumed the Watcher.. You can create a log by using Vorpx Config, trouble shooting, and then collect trouble shoot data in the upper right corner. I would be interested to learn what more you know about this problem. Tech support never bothered to respond to my post of a week ago.

chisel316
    Participant

Hi Jim,

Thanks for responding. I get this error with Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite, Mirror’s Edge and Alien Isolation. I got the same missing dll error as well. The workaround isn’t that great because most of the time I’m not quick enough to resume the watcher in time for it to properly hook. The Steam games that still work are Skyrim, The Forest, Borderlands 2 and Fallout 4. Thanks for the info about the log. I’ll let you know if I figure anything out.

Peace \/
    chisel316

Jim
    Participant

Chisel I am able to get Bioshock Infinite to launch into Vorpx using your method of pausing the watcher and resuming it pretty much without fail. What I do is drag the warning box, that “Bioshock Infinite does not support VR”, right above the tool bar where Vorpx Control is located. I use the right mouse button ( a little less cordination required) to resume the watcher. It takes practice but it can be done. And the game is worth it so work at it. It is too bad that we have to go thru this

chisel316
    Participant

Thanks for the tip. I’m glad we can help each other out. It would be nice if there was a keyboard shortcut to pause/resume the watcher.

Peace \/
    chisel316

bruninhohp
    Participant

So guys…. im getting the same errors… what should I do? Everytime i click on vorpx to run a game its not possible. Not by steam or the .exe. Alwyas different erros from game to game but stopping me from play. GTA IV… Outlast…Farcry 3

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!