False Alarm: TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen3 Trojan Virus within Vorpx.dll

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion False Alarm: TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen3 Trojan Virus within Vorpx.dll

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Inscius
    Participant

I use Avira Free Antivirus, as soon as I install Vorpx, it detects the trojan virus TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen3 within the file “Vorpx.DLL”. Anyone else have this issue? I have re-installed Vorpx and the same problem occurs. Is the virus checker mis-identifying the virus, due to the way Vorpx works?

I can’t imagine this file atually containing a virus, given the number of people who must be using Vorpx by now. My apologies if this is being discussed else where, I can’t find any other posts relating to this problem.

[Admin Edit: ‘False Alarm’ was added to the topic title to avoid mass panic]

VortexPlays
    Participant

The Copyprotectionsystem is regognized by some Antivirus Software as a Virus. Its false alarm. Just turn off Avira (Or add an exception).

Inscius
    Participant

Many thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Official confirmation that this a false positive. most likely caused by the licensing system.

Unfortunately Aviras whitelisting procedure is even more frustrating than our initial authorization procedure. ;) We have to submit each and every new version and then wait a few days, which is not always possible. Most other AV-companies handle this better.

maxxbox
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!