vorpX 0.7.1 with initial DK2 support now available

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 0.7.1 with initial DK2 support now available

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    spvision
    Participant

just checked again… nothing in junk… nothing in inbox

spvision
    Participant

was checking wrong mailbox… my mistake sorry

spvision
    Participant

got it installed but even after going through all steps in documentation cannot get it to work with any combo

best i get are dual displays in my rift with bioshock infinate (like I am looking at my monitor when wearing my rift in previous dk1 world)

Very frustrating
    especially with someone with very high tech level

Ralf
    Keymaster

This sounds odd. Especially using the DK2 as primary display AND setting vorpX to “Use system settings” display wise shouldn’t cause any problems.

This way games simply open on the primary display like normal (the DK2 in that case) and vorpX should kick in just like it always did.

Just in case: If you changed anything on your machine since using vorpX last time with your DK1, please check whether there may be something installed that can interfere with vorpX. The trouble shooting guide in the documentation has a few hints in this regard.

spvision
    Participant

nope no changes worked on it for 90 minutes today going through every combination imaginable on my rig… just wont launch in stereoscopic mode on my rift… getting side by side display with chromatic aberration.

spvision
    Participant

the funny thing seems to be non supported games ARE launching in stereo mode although they are unplayabale….. but a supported game like bioshock isnt working… odd

first_emperor
    Participant

Hi Ralf, wanted to leave my big thanks for your work so far. Sure, there are still a lot of issues and a lot of games don’t work as intended, especially with the DK2, but it’s a beta release after all.
    With the quick answers and support you give, I don’t regret buying before trying at all.
    I wish you all the best and hope you stay on track and keep developing :)

Stonehands72
    Participant

I really hope to get Outlast working with DK2 soon

AntDX316
    Participant

the funny thing seems to be non supported games ARE launching in stereo mode although they are unplayabale….. but a supported game like bioshock isnt working… odd

the mouse doesn’t work for some reason

someone said shift+enter makes it work but I haven’t tested

joe1339
    Participant

AVAYALIVE ENGAGE is based on the UNREAL 2.5 engine embedded in the browser . Do you think we can get the vorpX to work with it on the OCULUS RIFT Virtual museum is running at http://wa692.avayalive.com

kritanta
    Participant

I seem to be having an issue opening the config after the new patch, anyone know where the config files are stored and if they can be manually edited? or reset?

seaody
    Participant

Getting “configured device was not found”, driver/ovrservice/vorpx/computer restarts have no effect. Unity and Unreal Engine demos work, as does Elite: Dangerous. Running Win7 64bit, extended, Rift as main display, aero disabled, antivirus and firewall disabled, VorpX Conf set to DK2. SteamVR throws “HMD not known”, though it manages to light up the camera before timing out.

Anyone else with similar problems?

I’m having the same problem after the update.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!