VorpX could not initialize your headset since SteamVR crashed

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX could not initialize your headset since SteamVR crashed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Simon ATVR
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve not used VorpX for a while. I had GTA V, Alien Isolation and a few others working in the past. Updated to the latest version and I keep getting an error on all games…

VorpX could not initialize your headset since SteamVR crashed when during the init.

My SteamVR version is 1499136050

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not much I can recommend besides reinstalling Steam VR, sorry. Your SteamVR version apparently is the latest release version, which sg´hould work just fine. Might also make sense to try the latest Steam VR beta in your case, although normally I would heavily recommend the opposite.

Also please check whether vorpX is updated to the latest version (17.2.3).

And last but not least please add YourSteamFolder\SteamApps\common\SteamVR\bin\win32\vrpathreg.exe to the exclude list in your vorpX config app. Recently that caused an issue for someone else. Normally vorpX excludes everyting in the SteamVR folder automatically, but that may fail if it can’t find the Steam folder.

Simon ATVR
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I’m running latest version of VorpX. I tried adding the path, still no go. Simply doesn’t want to pick it up in the HMD.

So I updated Steam to BETA and that got it! I tested VorpX Desktop, there’s the room I remember with the large display in front of me. So next was GTA V and without delay, it appeared in the HMD.

Thank you.

Marchande
    Participant

Sadly.. im still having this problme.. ive re imaged my pc.. re installed steam.. re installed vorpix… and when i try space engineers I get the same exact message as apove all drivers are uptodayt… ive tried all the above ahaead and still having this problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!