VorpX crashes my SteamVR software

Homepage Forums Installation and Registration Support VorpX crashes my SteamVR software

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    K-ny
    Participant

Hello,

I have a problem with your VorpX software and VR steam, I explain,

I start my computer I connect steam and launch steamVR, until no problems, all my hardware is recognized and tested for 10 minutes I decide to launch VorpX as well as VorpX Vierwerk desk take care to ensure that no Other software or games are running at the same time, and my VorpX software as well as SteamVR firm,

So I am raising them and surprising My steamVR software does not recognize my headphones nor any sensor and gamepad, coming at the end of it I have to restart my computer and if I run VorpX again the problem persists, having no solution and Having tried Desisntallation / reinstallation that does not solve the problem so I turn to you hoping you would have solutions to offer me because I am short … T_T

Basically I summarize: VorpX Desktop Viewer crash my SteamVR and I have to reboot so that my equipment is recognized again by SteamVR

Thank you for your understanding and for the time you gave me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That sounds very, very odd. vorpX requires Steam VR with the Vive (and other SteamVR headsets) and it sure doesn’t crash it normally. As you probably can imagine it’s used that way on a daile basis not only here, but also by every other vorpX user with a SteamVR headset.

Not much I can recommend apart from uninstalling and then reinstalling vorpX as well as SteamVR, but apparently y tried that already.

K-ny
    Participant

I’ve already uninstall and reinstall VorpX as well as SteamVR, this has not resolved my problem, and I do not know how to get into the details of this worry, I run Steam, then I run VorpX, I launch the VorpX desktop Viewer It works until I close the software as well as steam VR and when I want to reboot VorpX desktop it tells me Error 108 of same as for steamVR, while if at the start of my computer I only launch SteamVR I did No worries, I can close it and reopen it as many times as I like but I run VorpX desktop SteamVR no longer detects my headphones and my base stations

Thank you for your quick response.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Does this also happen if you start games with vorpX or is it exclusive to the desktop viewer?

Xain
    Participant

If you are using OpenVR AdvancedSettings, disable it. That shit does not play well with Vorpx.

https://github.com/matzman666/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings/releases

K-ny
    Participant

I can find the solution but it is only temporary, when it does not recognize the helmet HTC vive I reinitialise my usb port and reinstall the drivers which regulates the worry until now, then I wanted to launch BF Hardline with the Desktop viewer to launch, Vorpx has to try to open a second time the desktop viewer what I think leads to a driver conflict, and the first time that it was produced it was with skype

K-ny
    Participant

i don’t use the OpenVR Advanced settings :/
    I think this is a driver problem T_T

Nvince76
    Participant

It happens for me too!
    Sometimes it works (sometimes after having rebooted my PC), unfortunately often not…

I have this message :
    Openvr runtime init failed. vorpX will not work correctly. try to restart SteamVR or your PC…

Nvince76
    Participant

I will give you in the next post the full error message.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!