What does VorpX do to games? (particularly New Vegas)

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings What does VorpX do to games? (particularly New Vegas)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lewisdude
    Participant

G’day,

I’m two days into getting a fully-modded VR playthrough on New Vegas up and ready. I’ve solved quite a few problems, but a few remain (no pipboy, working out the HUD, etc)

By this point, I think I’m beginning to run into problems caused by VorpX, specifically its settings which exist to make things easier for ‘standard’ users. Since I now have mods for every buckle and dime, many of these settings seem to be either irrelevant or are holding me back. For example, I suspect VorpX maintains some HUD control to allow edgelook to zoom it back to the corners then to the middle again, therefore inhibiting my mods for moving the HUD about. I’m also suspecting that VorpX is behind a big no-pipboy problem I’m having.

So, I now get to my query. Is there any way to discover what EXACTLY VorpX does to a game, in this case New Vegas? What changes it makes to .INIs, anything else? Is there a way to disable some/much of it? I ask because I’ve reverted to 100% vanilla versions as part of my setup, and I’m still having these problems (VorpX off, too).

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

I think the newest version of Vorpx introduces problems with the pip-boy in edge peek mode. You have to have the hud scaled to 100% or else makes it a smaller box in the corner and the mouse doesn’t adjust to the smaller fit. A work around would be to leave it at 100% and adjust the UI with mods. I made a guide for getting New Vegas working perfectly well with just a few hiccups here and there. I played 40 hours in VR with this guide. Most of it is still relevant. But this guide was made before Direct VR was implemented. Either use the normal view or adjust to Direct VR yourself. Check it out here:

New Vegas in Vorpx looks and plays gloriously. Here is how to set it up.
    by u/tiggerdyret in oculus

lewisdude
    Participant

Hey- yeah I found your page, very handy.
    Incredible what change a few hours makes. I’ve gotten basically all my problems sorted. Even the pipboy is alright- in non-edgepeek it sticks to the top-left, but in edgepeek it’s perfectly fine.

One last issue though. Something seems to be overwriting my FOV setting, and I suspect it’s DirectVR. Any thoughts on that?

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

One of the purposes of Direct VR is to overwrite the games’ fov, so that’s surely it. But can’t say more than that since I wasn’t playing with DirectVR.
    I had a problem where the fov would constantly reset in the old version of Vorpx, though. The fov mod that I listed in my guide fixed that problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!