Bioshock infinite shadows issues

Home Forums Game Hints and Settings Bioshock infinite shadows issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    moarveer
    Participant

I’ve tried bioshock infinite and it has terrible shadows issues or some kind of awful halos surrounding everything that Make it unplayable,any suggestions?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you unlock positional tracking? It causes quite a few glitches in Bioshock Infinite currently, which are the reason why it is not unlocked per default. You will be better off disabling it again.

moarveer
    Participant

I have expert mode active, even though I can’t find positional tracking option anywhere as I expected. Still I disabled it to see if it worked without it, but I still got the halo effect.

This is what I’m getting:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2rhs8ys.jpg

moarveer
    Participant

BTW my system is i5 750, GTX 970, 8gb RAM, windows 7 64 bit, 344.75 drivers, Oculus updated to the latest drivers.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If it’s not positional tracking, are you by any chance using the vorpX 3D FOV Enhancement? Doing so causes this glitch for me in a short test.

If that is the case: you should be able to raise the FOV to 120 with the Game Settings Optimizer (or with a manual ini tweak should that fail for some reason), so normally there is no need for using the vorpX FOV enhancement in this case.

moarveer
    Participant

That fixed it and it looks phenomenal, thanks for your work Ralf!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.