BioShock Remastered: hooking fails with SteamVR / Valve Index

Homepage Forums Technical Support BioShock Remastered: hooking fails with SteamVR / Valve Index

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Konstellis
    Participant

Hi Guys,

the game starts up fine, but hooking keeps failing.

I tried different combinations of:
    – hook helpers
    – alternative hooking method
    – VorpX with admin rights
    – different DX-Versions (9, 10, 11) of the game

My Index keeps showing SteamVR home unless I use hook helpers. In this case a text box shows up saying “Up Next: Bioshock Remastered”, but nothing happens.

Any hints are greatly appreciated!

Best,
    Konstellis

Ralf
    Keymaster

In several ways the best solution to your issue would be switching to the original DX9 Bioshock, for which vorpX provides better DirectVR support.

If you only have the remastered version:

Sounds like something is getting severely in the way if not even a hook helper helps. Try to disable everything you may have running in the background that potentially also hooks into games. E.g. any kind GPU utility, chat apps and generally everything that show overlays in game.

Konstellis
    Participant

Ralf,

even if I close all background applications, which are not absolutely necessary to run the game, it does not work.
    All other games work fine with Vorpx so I assume this issue has something to do with the game itself.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not much else I can suggest that I didn’t suggest above already.

Not really a big deal if you can’t make it work in this case. Just use the original DX9 version instead. ‘Remastered’ may sound like ‘better’, but that’s not the case in terms of vorpX here. The original is the better choice.

Konstellis
    Participant

Okay, I will try that, thanks!

Superandi
    Participant

I got a similar problem. It first worked perfect but after updating nvidia drivers the game chrashes after the hookup.

Bioshock Remastered Crash

Superandi
    Participant

Just updated my nvidia driver to 511.23 from January 2022 and now Bioshock HD works again!

I have an RTX 2080 and a Valve Index. Default Settings in Vorpx und ingame i adjusted the fov to 120.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The original version is still the better pick for vorpX. While ‘remastered’ may sound like ‘better’, that is not the case in terms of vorpX here. The profile for the original has the more advanced DirectVR capabilities.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!