Borderlands 1 working great and FOV 120 howto

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Borderlands 1 working great and FOV 120 howto

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bcozier
    Participant

This is another game that works fine with DK2… only issue is when looking down the gun sights you get a double image because it’s so close. I’m not sure if there’s any setting I could use to solve that.

For FOV 120 Copy the following lines:

Bindings=(Name=”F9″,Command=”FOV 70″,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name=”F10″,Command=”FOV 95″,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name=”F11″,Command=”FOV 120″,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

Open this file:
    My Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config\WillowInput.ini

Look towards the end of WillowInput.ini and Paste those 3 lines you copied before the line that says [IniVersion]

In the game sometimes it may return you to default FOV like exiting a car or dying, just hit F11 to return to FOV 120.

Ralph, you could add this to your game config optimizer for next uypdate.

Game plays buttery smooth as it’s an older title. Headtracking is buttery smooth, even if I had to change sensitivity both of mouse in game and vorpx.

bcozier
    Participant

Also in

My Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config\WillowEngine.ini

To overcome 62fps limit, search for smooth and change these lines to

bSmoothFrameRate=FALSE
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=0
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=0

To enable Vsync, search for Vsync and change that line to

UseVsync=True

If you are using your rift as the primary display that should give you 75fps with vsync on.

bcozier
    Participant

Ok I got a way to show fps stats in borderlands 1 and for some reason it still tops out at only 60fps when UseVsync=True even though I have rift set to 75hz in windows and using as primary display…not a big deal..

Now when I set UseVsync=False I get between 160 and over 300fps. After reading some older messages when the game first came out they used to get 40fps and below lol…we’ve come a long way.

bcozier
    Participant

Another fix to make AIM a toggle and not a “hold down”…

Only under the section [WillowGame.WillowPlayerInput]

Search for the line containing “RightMouseButton” and REPLACE it with these three lines:

Bindings=(Name=”RightMouseButton”,Command=”ToggleAimOn”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name=”ToggleAimOn”,Command=”StartAltFire | setbind RightMouseButton ToggleAimOff”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name=”ToggleAimOff”,Command=”StopAltFire | setbind RightMouseButton ToggleAimOn”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Now your right mouse button aiming works as a toggle instead of having to keep it held down.

bcozier
    Participant

Another fix to make AIM a toggle and not a “hold down”…

Only under the section [WillowGame.WillowPlayerInput]

Search for the line containing “RightMouseButton” and REPLACE it with these three lines:

Bindings=(Name=”RightMouseButton”,Command=”ToggleAimOn”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name=”ToggleAimOn”,Command=”StartAltFire | setbind RightMouseButton ToggleAimOff”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name=”ToggleAimOff”,Command=”StopAltFire | setbind RightMouseButton ToggleAimOn”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Now your right mouse button aiming works as a toggle instead of having to keep it held down.

By the way, even though it seems those three lines are cut short on the forum interface they are not…if you use mouse to highlight and then do cut and paste it gets everything needed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!