Can VorpX disable vsync from NVidia panel settings?

Home Forums Technical Support Can VorpX disable vsync from NVidia panel settings?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kaossino
    Participant

Hi, I updated VorpX the other day, haven’t used it in a while, then tried using it with Borderlands 2.
    As soon as I opened the game, VorpX modified it, I played with it a bit but I don’t like playing with the proposed mode, so I preferred the Immersive mode. I had to restart the game a couple of times to get everything working properly.
    In the end not satisfied I went into VorpX and I reset the game settings, I disconnected the headset and I opened Borderlands normally to play it, from that moment I started having problems with the monitor and I saw the horizontal bars even if the vsync was active .
    I closed Borderlands and opened Deus Ex MD and saw the horizontal bars there too. I didn’t know how to do it anymore, vsync was active everywhere and I had never had these problems.
    After hours of testing I went into NVidia’s settings and found that v-sync had been turned off.

I haven’t used any other program besides VorpX, so I’m tempted to think it was this program that disabled the feature, is that correct?
    If so, is there a way to prevent VorpX from changing settings or games without asking for consent first?

Thanks for your answer

Ralf
    Keymaster

That has been introduced together with the new headset sync recently. The setting should be be reset to the original state when you exit vorpX, but unfortunately that doesn’t always work. Will be fixed in the next update.

Background: normally vorpX can ignore VSync to allow running games at 90fps, but with the new headset sync method for unknown reasons in some games having it enabled causes a severe framerate drop when the GPU is maxed out although it shouldn’t really have any effect at all. To prevent this from happening it’s highly important to disable Vsync, otherwise the new headset sync, which is supposed to be faster, under some circumstances can have the opposite effect.

kaossino
    Participant

Ok thanks for the clarification. Since I always prefer to play with the “immersive mode”, is it possible to prevent the game files from being modified, or is it also necessary in this mode?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Doesn’t depend on which mode you play in. Even apart from this specific issue it’s generally not a good idea to disable automatic setting changes. Sometimes they include tweaks necessary to make 3D work as intended, and even if not they often are useful for immersive and cinema mode as well.

You can easily return to your prior settings in the config app when you want to play a game without vorpX again, so disabling auto settings doesn’t really make much sense in general and in some cases can actually be harmful.

kaossino
    Participant

ok alright, thanks for the answer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.