do you play flat games

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion do you play flat games

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    matteo39
    Participant

with vorpx we can play all in 3d

do you play flat games?excluding games such as civilization or age of empires…

steph12
    Participant

yes, many games, i dont use my vr headset all day long else i’d go crazy.

matteo39
    Participant

which games do you prefere in 3d

Deadaus
    Participant

To tell you the truth, I bought VorpX just to play Cyberpunk 2077 in VR. After playing with the settings, I truly like playing the game more in Cinemas mode with 3d enabled and a huge screen in my loft. What makes this software good is you can create custom resolutions and use them for your nice big screen separate from what your monitor resolution can show. Once I have completed Cyberpunk, I am waiting for Resident evil village as my next game.

matteo39
    Participant

up to now, I have played for years only via vorpx and in 3d, but lately the fact of having to always wear the oculus is finding me a bit uncomfortable: today I tried to replay mass effect 2 on a flat screen, and I must say that it wasn’t bad … this without detracting from vorpx

Michelangel0
    Participant

It is very difficult to me to answer that because I simply have too many games.
    I play mostly VR games but I do play flat games from time to time, and I only play with VorpX/HelixVision in those cases. Example: Gunfire Reborn (G3D and I wish it was native VR!!) Pinball FX3 (using Helixvision for G3D), Aquanox Deep Descent (G3D), Dark Alliance (struggling now to get proper G3D with VorpX), etc.

But, I have a close friend that stays and play some games with me, I showed VR to her many times but we play together flat games mostly.
    So I guess I can answer with 100% flat games when I play with her.
    She likes Mortal Kombat or Hellish quart to name 2 good examples, and those are clearly more enjoyable playing both at the couch.
    Also part of the joy is enjoying gaming together with music: https://youtu.be/NpE9KJpESJQ

Twinguistics
    Participant

Mostly VR games, flat games in Vorpx only, and Magic the Gathering just in pancake. I’m happy to play a flat game, and sometimes play out of vorpx if I’ve only got ten mins or I’m doing inventory management in a game or suchlike. Otherwise it’s HMD all the time but I only have 2 hours a day game time max anyway and mostly much less.

To the poster above, how is Gunfire Reborn? Is it g3d? I’m considering getting it on sale.

VR-Punk
    Participant

No, i will never play flat games on TV again. If Vorpx and Helixvision are no longer working, i will sell my graphic card and my hobby gaming is over.
    This is serious !!!

Michelangel0
    Participant

Mostly VR games, flat games in Vorpx only, and Magic the Gathering just in pancake. I’m happy to play a flat game, and sometimes play out of vorpx if I’ve only got ten mins or I’m doing inventory management in a game or suchlike. Otherwise it’s HMD all the time but I only have 2 hours a day game time max anyway and mostly much less.

To the poster above, how is Gunfire Reborn? Is it g3d? I’m considering getting it on sale.

I just read this. I can fully recommend Gunfire Reborn.

As a game is incredibly fun and well balanced, it starts with certain limitations and difficulties that depending on your FPS skills you can overcome but at the same time playing well will unlock gradually weapons and abilities for your character that will make the game amazing to play.

Regarding VorpX it looks fantastic in G3D is one of the best looking ones with good depth and very fluid performance to play and enjoy. It really adds another level of visual candy to the player.

so yeah… fully recommended even on full price :)

Twinguistics
    Participant

I just read this. I can fully recommend Gunfire Reborn.

As a game is incredibly fun and well balanced, it starts with certain limitations and difficulties that depending on your FPS skills you can overcome but at the same time playing well will unlock gradually weapons and abilities for your character that will make the game amazing to play.

Regarding VorpX it looks fantastic in G3D is one of the best looking ones with good depth and very fluid performance to play and enjoy. It really adds another level of visual candy to the player.

so yeah… fully recommended even on full price :)

Ok awesome – sold! Do you play full VR mode or immersive screen? I’m also wondering if you use a keyboard and mouse or a gamepad – I’m not sure I have the skill to use the KB&M while wearing my HMD.

ToxicMike
    Participant

I never really got hooked into VR gaming (not too many great games in my opinion) and i almost sold my oculus before i found out that playing regular non-vr games using my oculus and those huge theater screens/virtual desktops is so much better that i actually never played any game on my monitor again, in fact i use my oculus on a daily basis now, sometimes several hours with short breaks only.

I even play pixel sidescrollers that way. Gaming on my “small” 31inch screen just isn´t doing it for me anymore.

Actually bought vorpX only because there are several troubles with certain games running on free virtual desktop software while they run far better with vorpX while vorpX doesn´t draw as much power from my rig as for example bigscreen does.

Funny thing is now that i use my oculus on a daily basis, i got in the mood to actually play VR titles again and i also enjoy them, unlike when i had that (bad) start over a year ago.

I actually only use vorpX´s 3D and full-vr mode for games that i already finished in their original non-vr/non-3d mode but not on the first run.

senoctar
    Participant

An HMD isn’t always the better option compared to a monitor. It depends on the HMD itself, mostly the resolution, the PC hardware, whether you are susceptible to motion sickness, if you are playing competitively etc.

There are some games for which 3D on a big screen adds so much to the experience that using a monitor would be missing out. Most RPGs fall in this category, lifelike characters add a lot to the story and the interactions. Some unexpected ones like GRIS which is a 2.5D side-scroller. Various others that for some reason look like a different game in 3D, Bayonetta, Everreach and DMC5 come to mind. Colorful settings or generally great environments tend to work well in an HMD, ex. ABZU, Planet Alpha, AER: Memories of Old.

Then there are some for which 3D either doesn’t work or doesn’t add much. Many FPS titles probably fall here, especially the fast-paced ones. Classical 2D/2.5D/Isometric games with no depth information or no underlying 3D models. You would still get a big screen so it depends whether you are willing to trade in some clarity and maybe performance for that.

There are also some for which the experience takes a big hit. Controls for example, not all games play that well when you cant see the keyboard. In Ghostrunner chapters I played though with a controller took twice as much compared to the average. Then there might be performance. Even in plain 2D the VR environment will take quite a chunk of GPU time, on a 1080ti it seems to be around 20-30%. You might not be willing to trade in some quality just for the bigger screen.

Personally I only use my HMD for gaming ever since I got the G2 which has a decent resolution. But mostly because I’m currently skipping most games that don’t work well.

onetoo
    Participant

I’ve had the satisfaction of playing flat games with a projector and large screen for close to 10 years. Still, VorpX adds extra features that make playing flat games using Immersive Screen Mode more compelling such as head tracking (though i used to strap a wiimote to my head to simulate that), proper G3D without messing with outdated drivers, and no 3D glasses (which darken games).

ToxicMike
    Participant

Since i play almost all of my games with vorpx or bigscreen (except those games where you mostly see statistics and text, like certain tycoon or management games) i tried a few on my regular monitor again, to see and remember how it feels there, well….LOL…it was almost like an “awful” experience.

While certain games don´t feel as awful on my monitor, a game like JUST CAUSE 3 loses all of its “theaterscreen-glory”, falling back to a more “mediocre” experience, almost “shallow” and “boring”.

So hopefully VR doesn´t die like regular 3D is dying (Most of all 3D-TVs, not sure how it looks with 3D-Blu-Rays, especially since you can watch 3D-Movies in virtual theaters now thx to VR!) would really hate getting used to play games the old-fashioned monitor-way again….yuck.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!