EAC – Email from Support Team

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion EAC – Email from Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Arsoul93
    Participant

I’ve been through many of the threads here looking for ways to get games that use EAC to work with VorpX, with no luck. I ended up e-mailing the EAC dev team directly to see if they would be open to investigating the issue.

They initially just asked for a basic description of Vorpx and details of any error messages I was getting. After a couple weeks they said they were going to reach out to VorpX and see if they can obtain a Demo license to look into whether they can allow the app to work.

Not sure if this forum is monitored by the devs, but if they do reach out I wonder if its possible for them to help with getting these games launching.

EAC:
    Thank you for contacting us!

In order for us to understand what the issue is and how to fix it (or possibly whitelist the program) we need more information about it. If there’s an error message displayed when you’re launching the game or during gameplay, please send us the full error code from it or a screenshot of the entire message. Having it will help us greatly.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Me:
    VorpX is just a 3D driver for Direct X games that allows people to render games that weren’t designed for it in virtual reality headsets. When it’s enabled it attempts to “hook” into the games that get launched and then launch them in the VR headset using its driver.

Any EAC game I try blocks the hooking process from happening, with Dead by Daylight for example, if I bypass the launcher and go straight into the game’s shipping binary it will load the game in the VR headset just fine, however if I go through the launcher and the EAC module loads first, it simply won’t attach.

There isn’t an error message from EAC coming up, but when I terminate the game I do get the following error:

Access violation – code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
    DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 28329554 bytes
    DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 24910288 bytes
    DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 24923030 bytes
    DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 14547195 bytes
    DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 14536252 bytes
    kernel32 {0x0000000000000000} + 81348 bytes
    ntdll {0x0000000000000000} + 472721 bytes

EAC:
    Hey Blake,

Our apologies for the very late response, I’m truly sorry. Thank you for the detailed error description.

We will reach out to VorpX to acquire a free demo license, in order to test and whitelist it on our end. Hopefully this will go smoothly and we can deploy a whitelist update in live within this or the next week. Thanks!

dellrifter22
    Participant

Wow, you actually got a response. I’m very glad to hear that they are willing to look into it.

It would be huge if vorpX got the whitelist. I’d start playing multiplayer games again :)

Make it happen please!

steph12
    Participant

that’s amazing man, thank you for contacting them, i hope this issue gets fixed soon :D

Ralf
    Keymaster

So far noone has contacted me, but if they actually do, I’ll certainly provide them with a license key.

Arsoul93
    Participant

So far noone has contacted me, but if they actually do, I’ll certainly provide them with a license key.

Hey Ralf –

They’ve just shot another message back, I think they may have used the contact / support form on the site.

Cheers

_____

Hello Blake!

We have submitted a request through vorpX official support page on March 27. Either it did not arrive or has not been processed yet. There does not seem to be a direct contact email available on their website.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Indeed, apparently I overlooked the message earlier, sorry for the confusion. I’ll get back to them as soon as possible.

Minabe
    Participant

This is some real good news, finally will be able to play multiplayer games in VR, i’m so glad i got VorpX.

Keep up the good work Ralf!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Don’t get too excited yet. A first contact is better than nothing, but far from anything being done. I’ll let you know if something actually comes out of this.

Michelangel0
    Participant

Don’t get too excited yet. A first contact is better than nothing, but far from anything being done. I’ll let you know if something actually comes out of this.

Nice to read how you are involved to support new games. VR is getting bigger and I can see a very good future of this tool providing solutions for VR players :)

Xain
    Participant

Did anything come of this?

dborosev
    Participant

Would be so nice if this happens.

Arsoul93
    Participant

Last update I had from them was –

The whitelisting is currently pending an update from the VorpX side. We will let you know once the whole process is finished :)

I’m guessing it could mean they wanted VorpX to change something that wasn’t feasible.

Ralf
    Keymaster

This will probably happen in the not too distant future, hangs on my end currently.

steph12
    Participant

great !

Ralf
    Keymaster

Retroactive safety disclaimer ;) : whenever I get carried away and actually say something that concerns the future, don’t overlook words like ‘probably’, which are carefully chosen to express that there still is a chance that things won’t work out as planned.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!