EAC – Email from Support Team

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion EAC – Email from Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Arsoul93
    Participant

Can you elaborate on what they actually wanted done? Out of curiosity

Ralf
    Keymaster

The current information to share regarding the matter is that it hangs on my end and that *probably* (meaning likely, yet not 100% certain) it will happen in the not too distant future.

I understand that you guys always would like to know every detail, I would too. :) However, the only real alternative for me to saying something like the above about things in the making would be not to say anything at all. Thanks for your understanding.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Glad to hear the effort continues, and that it’s sounding more likely than I had initially expected. I began to wonder that it was perhaps impossible.

I know nothing can be promised (Ralf is king of managing expectation :) ), but this small insight has made me optimistic. So thanks for sharing, and for your honesty.

If all works out, this would be quite a feat for recognition and prove vorpX all the more valid.

blueshark747
    Participant

The current information to share regarding the matter is that it hangs on my end and that *probably* (meaning likely, yet not 100% certain) it will happen in the not too distant future.

I understand that you guys always would like to know every detail, I would too. 🙂 However, the only real alternative for me to saying something like the above about things in the making would be not to say anything at all. Thanks for your understanding.

I wish Daybreak Games would white list VorpX injection in Planetside 2 from thier anti cheat software. I’m quite sure the answer would be a big NO.
    This was one of my most amazing VR FPS experiences ever.

Heres a good read on it
    https://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?t=57625

Saalivar
    Participant

I think we will never see EAC whitelist for Vorpx. In my experience with fps games is that the aiming is so much more intuitive with the head. Tracking a point while moving it’s a piece of cake. With the mouse that is harder to to, but with the head it’s natural, our eyes are trained for sticking to a spot.

This would givee us, the VorpX player, an unfair advantage over the mouse and keyboard guys.

More than that, I can look left and right very fast with the head, but to do that with precision, in mouse movement, needs a lot of training.

So, competitive wise, I think it would break the market and it would become the norm, or they would ban the use of HMD’s for aiming.

Too bad though, I really love playing shooters with VorpX.

raf1ki
    Participant

Hey Ralf, whatever happened with this? Just curious, would love to see it happen.

Kaaliba
    Participant

@Ralf :
    Just hoping to bump this thread. Do you have any update? I ask because Outriders seems to be one of the latest victims to Easy Anti-Cheat. Really looking forward to this game if we can play it with vorpX! =)

Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

The only way to make it work officially would be disabling all 3D functionality and let vorpX act as pure overlay, which doesn’t really make much sense since I’d have to disable pretty much everything with EAC except showing the game in the headset

Your two options for anticheat games are either finding a way around the anticheat or using the vorpX desktop viewer to play the game windowed/borderless. The latter provides a similar experience to what vorpX could do if it was allowed to hook into EAC games, so you won’t really miss much.

Kaaliba
    Participant

@Ralf :
    Major bummer. That’s really sad to hear EAC’s decision on this. Thank you so much, though, for trying, and for the super quick response.

rombodawg
    Participant

Any updates on this??? Wanting to play chivalry 2 with vorpx currently

Smoils
    Participant

What do you mean any updates? just look at 2 posts above yours – you wont have vorpx proper functionality in any eac game, thats it.

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

Dead by Daylight plz… would give 2 or 3 limbs

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

Works with Quake Champions, so i don’t see why DBD would be so different

usel3ss
    Participant

Now Star citizen is also lost to the EAC :( was the main reason I bought vorpX, total bummer. Really don t see any reason for blacklisting vorpX so sad.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Anything that hooks as deeply into the rendering pipeline as vorpX does will almost certainly never get whitelisted by any anticheat app. With a vorpX profile a malevolent person could do a lot of things that are rightfully considered cheating.

The only way to ever have a chance of becoming whitelisted by an anticheat app would be disabling pretty much all 3D functionality and input related stuff for games in question and acting as pure overlay. Not much use in that though since it wouldn’t be much different from what you can do with the desktop viewer anyway.

No promises, but I’m toying with the idea to add per-game detection to the desktop viewer in the future for such cases. That would at least allow to apply some game specific settings and give hints how to get the game in question up and running in the best possible way. 2D only, but better than nothing.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!