EAC – Email from Support Team

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion EAC – Email from Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    usel3ss
    Participant

Yeah I see your point, thanks for the speedy reply Ralf, would be cool with a per-game detection to the desktop viewer. As I have no idea how to setup what your talking about hehe. Thanks again ;)

Ralf
    Keymaster

You basically launch the dektop viewer and then pause the vorpX watcher from the tray icon’s right click menu so that vorpX doesn’t try to hook into a game anymore.

When you now run games in ‘borderless fullscreen’, ‘borderless window’ mode or whatever a game exactly calls that in its option menu, the desktop viewer can still capture it and display wise you have all the options available that are available when vorpX is actually hooked into a game. Mouse emulation head tracking should also work, also using VR controllers as mouse/keyboard.

A (very) far cry from what vorpX can do when it is hooked into a game, but at least you can display it in the headset. I’m pretty sure I could also make TrackIR tracking work with the desktop viewer.

The big catch (aside from no 3D) is indeed that you have to figure out all the settings yourself. That could be addressed by per-game-detection for the desktop viewer. No promises, but may happen in the future.

usel3ss
    Participant

Awesome thanks Ralf I will give it a go.

drowhunter
    Participant

Its 2022 and Start Citizen now has EAC and Vorpx is still blocked. i’m assuming no action is happening on this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Anything that hooks as deeply into the rendering pipeline as vorpX does will almost certainly never get whitelisted by any anticheat app. With a vorpX profile a malevolent person could do a lot of things that are rightfully considered cheating.

The only way to ever have a chance of becoming whitelisted by an anticheat app would be disabling pretty much all 3D functionality and input related stuff for games in question and acting as pure overlay. Not much use in that though since it wouldn’t be much different from what you can do with the desktop viewer anyway.

No promises, but I’m toying with the idea to add per-game detection to the desktop viewer in the future for such cases. That would at least allow to apply some game specific settings and give hints how to get the game in question up and running in the best possible way. 2D only, but better than nothing.

Jey123456
    Participant

I could see the benefit to having a “use desktop viewer” toggle in profile for some games to streamline the process.

Say game x is set to use desktop viewer, when vorpx see the exe start, it would then start the viewer instead of trying to hook in the game. once the exe is gone, close the viewer and were back to “normal” vorpx usage without directly hooking for games properly configured.

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

*sadness*
    works with Quake Champions though.. so wtf

usel3ss
    Participant

Yeah it really is a bummer also why they have put anti cheat in the alpha blows my mind not like it even what a problem with cheaters or at least I’ve never heard about it. Could have waited til there owned 3d stuff was in place

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!