Fallout 4 issues

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Fallout 4 issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Insaneozzy
    Participant

Hi all, I’m new to VorpX, but I’m not new to modding games or altering ini’s. But for the life of me I can’t seem to get FO4 to run in vorpX at a decent res, when I check the prefs file it’s always running at 1680×2242 regardless of what I dial into the games settings, even if I manually change the prefs file res settings they change. Ive been at it for 3 days now and can’t seem to resolve it.
    Another thing Ive noticed is scopes don’t zoom, is this a glitch or a result of a FOV issue in relation to the resolution problem?

I’m running Rift on a gtx-1080ti, i7-6700k@4.4ghz, 16gb ram on a gigabyte Z170x G6 mobo so it’s not like I haven’t got the grunt to push the game along in vorpX.
    I do have a 16.9 widescreen monitor, but don’t believe it has anything to do with the resolution issue I’m experiencing with FO4.

Any advice would be welcome as Ive become very frustrated with not being able to resolve the problem to say the least.

Cheers

Ralf
    Keymaster

I would highly advise against setting the resolution manually when vorpX can do it. vorpX chooses a 4:3 res for the game on purpose. It always selects best possible aspect ratio for a game that has auto resolution support. Widescreen resolutions are a waste of processing power and should be avoided whenever possible for vorpX.

You probably should select a lower resolution quality in the vorpX menu though. 1680p is borderline even for a 1080ti in Fallout4, 1280p or 1140p are the better choices.

If you still want to disable the vorpX auto resolution for some reason, you can do that either per game in the vorpX menu (Direct VR page) or globally in the config app. There is no reason to do that though, on the contrary. vorpX is aware which resolutions work with a game and which do not and selects the best possible one.

Insaneozzy
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, Ive tried lower settings than the one you recommended above, like 1200×1600 but there seems to no change in game, ive always got a massive image.

When you say vorpx chooses a 4.3 res does the fact I have a 16.9 screen have an affect on that? or doesn’t it matter what the screen is?

Making the prefs file read only would stop it from changing the res I entered, would this affect vorpx?

Cheers

Ralf
    Keymaster

The answer above explains how to disable the auto resolution feature if you really want to. There is no reason to do that though. Just let vorpX do it. Judging from your description everything worked perfectly fine.

Just select a lower “Resolution Quality” in the vorpX menu. The 1680p you apparently selected is too high for Fallout 4.

Using a normal a widescreen res in the Fallout launcher will waste precious GPU power for nothing.

Insaneozzy
    Participant

I didn’t select 1680p, I have it at 1080p but I have tried it at 1440p which is the highest it goes via the vorpx config app, sorry I obviously haven’t explained things very well.

My bad, thanks anyway.

Ralf
    Keymaster

In that case I would like to take a look at your log files. With “1080p” selected in vorpX the auto-resolution for Fallout 4 normally should be 1442×1080.

Not sure how that would fail, but one never knows. Please create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app after launching Fallout 4 and send that to support |at| vorpx com. It contains the log file that I’d like to check.

Insaneozzy
    Participant

Hi Ralf, I sent the troubleshoot data file through to you, just wondering if you had a chance to look at it, and if you could see any issues?
    (insaneozzy at hotmail.com)

Hope my brief explanation of the problem in the email is descriptive enough,
    if there’s no obvious problems then I’ll just have to stick to running FO4 in 2D.

Cheers

Ralf
    Keymaster

I got the mail you sent yesterday and will look into it. Thanks for your patience.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!