GTA IV working with first person mod and stereoscopic 3D just one slight problem

Home Forums General vorpX Discussion GTA IV working with first person mod and stereoscopic 3D just one slight problem

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    dellrifter22
    Participant

Don’t think I’ve ever seen Fov Enhancement affect the HUD layer before, strange. Also, changing to Z3D should have zeroed all enhancement as that is a G3D only feature. Might be worth checking that you were using the right Z3D/G3D switch key (not the disable 3D key), if this is quicker than zeroing your Enhancement each time.

Anyway, glad you’ve solved the problem, and that you are enjoying the Pimax8k – which is what I use for vorpX now and loving it.

It can be hard to push fov high enough in most games to look good in Pimax fullVR (vertical almost more so than horizontal). If headtracking is less important to you, I can recommend maxing out the cinema mode with full zoom and full curve (cinema fullscreen as I call it) while using a 16:9 res (2560×1440 or 4k), sometimes 21:9 even. On Pimax normal fov, this is just enough to hide the side edges of the screen, and hide most render culling from moderate enhancement. Something about the curved nature of the screen allows me to get away with much lower fov values and still feel “correct”. This is my favorite way to play anyway.

Enjoy Liberty City.

pintman
    Participant

Bought an Oculus Rift S last night and also picked up Vorpx!! I’ve just been playing around with the free stuff that is on the Oculus store and Steam as it’s very quick to setup – some is very impressive!

Anyway, I would love to get this setup now. All the youtube videos for GTA IV VR that I can find are 6 years old. The game has been patched a few times since with the latest patch breaking the script hook that most mods rely on as far as I’m aware.

Could you guys running the first person mod please explain to me how you’ve achieved that? Downgrading?

Many thanks!

dellrifter22
    Participant

It’s been year’s since I had this working, though I do recall reverting to an older version. My current install is on steam, and I’m not sure if this is possible or not. I can’t even solve the seculaunch error yet on this machine.

Might have better results with a non steam version.

I’ve seen there are some videos only a year old, so it must still work somehow.

Anyway, welcome to the vr club. Should be plenty to see with vorpX as well. Especially fun to see your old favorites in a new way.

pintman
    Participant

Was really hoping someone could have linked a how to for the first person mod?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.