GTA V – Official Recommendation

Home Forums Game Hints and Settings GTA V – Official Recommendation

This topic contains 263 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  Godislove4u 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 264 total)
  • Author

madcap

p.s. using a Rift-S

madcap

It won’t let me edit above, but it was Bitdefender AV that prevented hooking on these non-steam games. I’ll try and setup an exclusion.

madcap

Will you be fixing DirectVR for this game in the future? It is one of the games that swayed me into buying VorpX when I saw it advertised. I’ve tried with and without the mod. I think the mod is trying to work but VorpX just isn’t rendering GTA5 correctly to make it playable. Either the world distorts and sways and/or the scaling and ratio looks all wrong. It also isn’t aligning with the hmd display properly and feels like I’m staring at a big screen. Image Scaling only seems to shift on Z but the ratio is wrong.

I’ve put in several hours, tried image scaling, different rendering modes and options, game’s player fov, in-game resolutions etc etc, but it all looks awful. Crysis looks better (just a little high on scaling, but probably fixable), so anything like that would be acceptable.

skubi007

Since you have to ask Ralf times, only he does not care about the important things, he always tells just how great vorbX is, but there is not a clever FOV adaptation at vorbX to 90% of the games. On Facebook, some are angry.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2378712549053833/

blueshark747

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ skubi007 :

I just took a look at that facebook group you linked. What’s said there is flatout untrue. vorpX offers multiple ways to deal with FOV.

Not all are perfect, but you can always deal with the issue one way or the other. There is a whole help section (“Essential Hints Guide”) that explains the various options you have in that regard. You can also find that here: https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/how-to-get-the-most-out-of-vorpx/

In short:

– For more than 150 games vorpX can adjust the FOV automatically to your headset, either by auto editing ini files or by directly manipulating the game memory. In other words: whenever possible vorpX handles the matter in a perfect manner.

– If that is not possible or a game is unsupported and there is no way to adjust its FOV manually, a workaround is available with vorpX’s image zoom option at the expense of black top/bottom bars.

You can find more detailed information regarding the matter in the aforementioned guide in the help.

If you have any further questions regarding the matter, let me know.

@ blueshark:

I’m obviously biased, but vorpX used together with this GTA mod is still the better way to play GTA V. The standalone mod has no controller support and uses alternate eye rendering for creating 3D, i.e. only one eye gets rendered each frame. vorpX used to do that in its (very) early stages because it’s relatively simple, but compared to a more advanced G3D implementation the method has severe drawbacks since each eye is rendered at a different time, causing odd, potentially dizzying, artifacts with anything that doesn’t stand still.

madcap

Ralf – the GTA mod you linked to doesn’t work for me. It will either send the hmd spinning when enabled or instantly crash the game. I think this is why LukeRos made the newest GTA vr mod, because all the others are either Vive focused or plain broken. I agree with you regarding the alternate eye rendering. It isn’t something I can endure for long, and the lack of motion controllers seems a bit odd for this game.

Please take a look at the GTA vr mod you linked to (the one with motion controllers) if you’re saying it does work. For me, it just crashes (using Rift-S).

peteostro

This was just posted to the GTAVR mod page:

Known issues with v0.8.3 beta, as of 21th October 2019:
    VorpX 19.2.4 intercepts and block motion controller input (buttons only), breaking mod controls

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ madcap:

There indeed seems to be an issue when using an Oculus headset. Doesn’t crash for me, but I get a black screen in the headset as soon as I enable the mod with a Rift S. I’ll check what can be done.

This could be addressed by the mod author if he would retrieve headset properties from the vorpX C API that I implemented a few versions ago instead of using SteamVR in his mod but so far he unfortunately didn’t find the time to do so. I had a brief e-mail exchange with him not too long ago, bottom line: “soon”. Let’s hope for the best. I’d do it myself, but understandably he doesn’t want to share his code.

I’ll check whether something can be done on vorpX’s end for Oculus users, but can’t promise anything.

@ peteostro:

I chatted with the mod author about that. vorpX doesn’t block anything, the reason of the issue is unknown and quite a mystery. Rather odd that he can get the controller pose but not the button states. Same as above: could be resolved by using the vorpX C API instead of SteamVR in the mod. Let’s hope that happens at some point.

Minabe

@skubi007

For a moment i tought it was vorpX real facebook. Instead got a page on ppl’s ramblings on things they don’t even understand…

skubi007

Fantastic worlds better than vorbX believes me I promise not too much if you follow the instructions exactly. The FOV fits and visually great, so you can play it without restrictions what did not go with vorbX. VorbX is not needed❗️You can really compare with native VR now, not just simple Z-buffer 3D.

@Ralf you should with the LukeRoss00 Put together, he can do something. Honestly, the FOV does not really fit in over 90% of the games, so you’d better admit that instead of having it all beautiful. If the FOV would fit with vorbX instead of only zooming heavily then vorbX would be a great application, but as it is now almost all buyers except here in the forum talk badly about vorbX.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Of course the FOV doesn’t magically match your headset in all of the thousands of games you might want to use vorpX with. Noone ever said that and I honestly don’t know what lead you to that conclusion. As said above fully automated FOV adjustment is available for about 150 games at this point.

FOV is not something that can be programmed into vorpX and then works for every game out there. Like many other things it has to be handled per game since every game is different in that regard.

If you find anything unclear or difficult to understand in the “Essential Hints Guide” or the “1-2-3 Game Setup” guide in the vorpX help, let me know. Both cover what can be done to get the FOV right for practically every game. Ranging from automated adjustments made by vorpX in the best case to a (non-ideal) general purpose workaround using the “Image Zoom” option in the worst case.

blueshark747

@ skubi007 :

I just took a look at that facebook group you linked. What’s said there is flatout untrue. vorpX offers multiple ways to deal with FOV.

Not all are perfect, but you can always deal with the issue one way or the other. There is a whole help section (“Essential Hints Guide”) that explains the various options you have in that regard. You can also find that here: https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/how-to-get-the-most-out-of-vorpx/

In short:

– For more than 150 games vorpX can adjust the FOV automatically to your headset, either by auto editing ini files or by directly manipulating the game memory. In other words: whenever possible vorpX handles the matter in a perfect manner.

– If that is not possible or a game is unsupported and there is no way to adjust its FOV manually, a workaround is available with vorpX’s image zoom option at the expense of black top/bottom bars.

You can find more detailed information regarding the matter in the aforementioned guide in the help.

If you have any further questions regarding the matter, let me know.

@ blueshark:

I’m obviously biased, but vorpX used together with this GTA mod is still the better way to play GTA V. The standalone mod has no controller support and uses alternate eye rendering for creating 3D, i.e. only one eye gets rendered each frame. vorpX used to do that in its (very) early stages because it’s relatively simple, but compared to a more advanced G3D implementation the method has severe drawbacks since each eye is rendered at a different time, causing odd, potentially dizzying, artifacts with anything that doesn’t stand still.

I was more interested in how the in car scale compared to VorpX.
    The thing I dislike about your GTAV profile is sitting in vehicles doesnt feel immersive like they do in Assetto Corsa or PCARS2 in VR. Its hard to explain something is just off scale and feel wise when driving cars in first person.

skubi007

Of course the FOV doesn’t magically match your headset in all of the thousands of games you might want to use vorpX with. Noone ever said that and I honestly don’t know what lead you to that conclusion. As said above fully automated FOV adjustment is available for about 150 games at this point.

I meant the 150 games, of which the FOV does not fit, left and right of what is missing from the picture and is very zoomed. Almost all YouTube show the picture from monitor and NOT the wrong headset picture. I know meanwhile the vorbX attitudes, much is not to be used.

Ich meinte die 150 Games, davon passt das FOV nicht, es fehlen links und rechts was vom Bild und ist stark gezoomt. Fast alle YouTube zeigen das Bild vom Monitor und NICHT das falsche Headset Bild. Ich kenne auch mittlerweile die vorbX Einstellungen, vieles ist nicht zu gebrauchen.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Vermutlich besser, dir auf Deutsch zu antworten:

Wann immer vorpX das FOV eines Spiels anpassen kann (Stand jetzt, ca. 150 Spiele), passiert das auch: Das FOV deines Headsets wird ausgelesen, umgerechnet auf die Art und Weise wie das Spiel das FOV berechnet and dann wird dieses FOV verwendet.

Nicht für jedes Spiel in der “Supported Games”-Liste ist das aber möglich, schlicht weil sich bei machen Spielen das FOV nicht ändern lässt.

Wenn z.B. ein offiziell unterstütztes Spiel per default im “Immersive Screen Mode” startet, solltest du es in aller Regel dabei belassen. Das ist dann bewusst so ausgewählt, etwa weil das Spiel ein Third-Person-Spiel ist und/oder sich das FOV nicht anpassen lässt.

Nicht jedes Spiel kann perfekt für den “FullVR”-Mode angepasst werden. Auch nicht jedes unterstützte. Und oft is das auch gar nicht sinnvoll (z.B. Third Person Games). Deshalb gibt es ja den “Immersive Screen Mode”.

Nochmal: Falls vorpX das FOV eines Spiels nicht anpassen kann, stehen eine ganze Reihe an Workarounds zur Verfügung. Nicht alle sind perfekt, aber es gibt immer einen Weg ein Spiel zu spielen. Alles, was du dazu wissen musst, findest du im “Essential Hints Guide“.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 264 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.