GTA V – Official Recommendation

Home Forums Game Hints and Settings GTA V – Official Recommendation

Viewing 13 posts - 256 through 268 (of 268 total)
  • Author
    JESUSTAYS
    Participant

So my downgraded gta5 runs fine but when using vorpx it stops at the rockstar sign in page saying can’t connect to rockstar servers and gta 5 needs the internet to activate.If I go online with steam then my game will update too.So is vorpx looking for the latest gta5 version ? It can’t play the older versions on the latest vorpx ? Jesus is mankind’s sole hope !

Jesusaves! Romans 8:28

madcap
    Participant

I have implemented a workaround for the next update that makes vorpX use the old method when the mod is detected. Will probably be out in two weeks or so.

That’s great news Ralf !

Here’s hoping the old method worked with the Rift. :)

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

So the next update will fix the notion control problem on the mod conflicting with vorpx ? Not for fixing the dirrctvr for gta5 in vr as a whole right ? Jesusavesouls !

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Ralf I know you really can’t stand Christians and for years have ignored my messages or removed them.I just have to say you still today can ask Jesus into your heart and be saved.Love you buddy.

Ralf
    Keymaster

It would be great if you could stop spamming the forum over and over again with more or less the same the post. Thanks!

The next vorpX will come with a fix for the mod related input issue, just like you mentioned above yourself. If/when I have anything to add to that, I‘ll let you know.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Sorry and thanks Ralf.I think it’s more me being hasty and obsessive about trying to find a alternate fix than spamming.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

So I booted up hl2 via vorpx and odyssey and was shocked to see the quality of resolution and vr clarity.Getting out of the train and seeing the big monitor was like a very realistic hologram.You can play hl2 on gmod in vr with vrmod and lf2 campaign mod but it’s very far from the professional quality you get with vorpx.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

So I spent much of last week trying hacks and fixes to get the directvr to work with no success.But today with the current gta update and latest vorpx release I was really surprised that it looks great in immersive mode.With the gtavr mod(not oculus standalone but orig) it really doesn’t make a huge difference in immersive compared to full vr with directvr activated.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Can you change the vorpx settings that I can make the screen distance go lower into the negative ?

sponge101
    Participant

@Ralf
    Sorry to bother you but I am having a problem with GTA 5 not looking clear in my HMD (Index).

For the past few days, I’ve been trying to change the resolution of the game but no matter what I try the image in the HMD is always on the low side. I have a 2080 ti and 6700k oc so my system should be able to handle it.

Some of the things I tried include:

-adding custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel

-running gta without vorpx, changing the res, save, quit, restart (without vorpx active), checking the main menu of “graphics” is showing the correct res. Launch the game with vorpx (without vorpx game changes active) and checking to make sure the res is correct–it is.

-making a launch option in the gta steam option with the specific resolution (-w 3200 -h 2400)

-changing my desktop resolution to the same one as in gta 5 (3200 x 2400 on a 1080p tv) before launching the game–this did work in the past.

-obviously, letting vorpx setting of “change game resolution” to “”on” and letting it do everything.

-looking at the settings xml gta file to see if the resolution should be 3200 x 2400

-other things as well.

This is a fresh install of gta. Any support or suggestion would be great. Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Difficult to say. Sounds as if all works as intended. If you see the res in the game’s graphics menu, it should run with it.

To be 100% sure you could create a vorpX trouble shoot data archive after running the game and then check the log file in it. Search for a line that starts with ‘INF: D3D11 Manager: Buffer Resolution:’ the resolution shown in that line is the resolution the game is running with.

You might also want to apply some mild sharpening in the vorpX menu (‘Image’ page). Don’t overdo it, about 1.0 should typically be fine. Especially with high resolutions like the one you are using that can do wonders.

sponge101
    Participant

Success!!! The solution was so obvious–set the game to full screen mode. Thanks for everyone’s assistance.

sponge101
    Participant

Couldn’t get the fov setting to work either but the extended camera settings mod was able to adjust the fov.

Viewing 13 posts - 256 through 268 (of 268 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.