Input settings start/back button press length override

Home Forums Technical Support Input settings start/back button press length override

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    destractor36
    Participant

I’ve been using vorpx with some DX9 games (Borderlands 2, Dishonored) on a Quest 2 using an x-input controller, and gotten both games to properly register all controller inputs after doing the dx9 scan. I’ve figured out how to map the vorpx menu and edgepeek to short presses of the start and select/back buttons in input settings, but that requires me to hold down those buttons to achieve their default functions in games, generally opening menus. Is there a way to flip it so that short button presses activate the game functions, and long ones the vorpx ones?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That won’t work in games that use the buttons in a way that requires holding them down. Quite a few do, and I don’t want vorpX to even be able to break that.

However, the next vorpX will come with an option to use a double tap for the vorpX action. Not sure why I didn’t think of that before. I’m not aware of any game that does that and even if there are a handful, they would be so rare that it won’t really matter.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Scrap the above: after fiddling with this for a few hours I decided to leave everything as it is. With both the long press and double tap method the vast majority of games perform their according actions as soon as the button is pressed. So if e.g. a game has the inventory screen mapped to the button that vorpX uses for EdgePeek, you would automatically switch to the inventory when you want to use vorpX EdgePeek. Didn’t really remember all the details anymore that led to the original decision. Now I do…

The current way to handle it may not be perfect, but it is clearly the cleanest way to add an extra layer of functionality to buttons that games may use in various different ways.

destractor36
    Participant

Thanks for explaining

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.