Mafia II Definitive Edition

Home Forums Game Hints and Settings Mafia II Definitive Edition

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    apollon01
    Participant

Hi,

Mafia II Definitive Edition landed in my Steam library for free since I already own the Classic version.

I tried to use the current Mafia II profile – copied and associated with the new exe, but vorpX does not hook up.

Out of curiousity, I did the same with the Mafia III profile, which hooks but has glitches and fps drop down the drain.

Any idea what works?
    Thanks,

Milan

apollon01
    Participant

Forgotten to add that with the Mafia III profile, there is no 3D.

moarveer
    Participant

Hi,

Mafia II Definitive Edition landed in my Steam library for free since I already own the Classic version.

I tried to use the current Mafia II profile – copied and associated with the new exe, but vorpX does not hook up.

Out of curiousity, I did the same with the Mafia III profile, which hooks but has glitches and fps drop down the drain.

Any idea what works?
    Thanks,

Milan

Sad to hear that Mafia ii doesn’t work, i loved the original and since it has a first person mod, I was thinking on replaying the new game in VR.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Guys, I perfectly understand how tempting it can be to throw every new game at vorpX the moment it is released, but checking games and potentially creating a profile obviously takes some time.

The Mafia II DE was released just a few days ago, it would have been quite a surprise if the original profile would have worked. The game will be looked into and if it makes sense a profile will be added. As always, no promises though.

Until then there still is the profile for the original Mafia II. Supposedly the difference isn’t exactly breathtaking anyway.

apollon01
    Participant

No problem, Ralf. I was just curious.

moarveer
    Participant

But, but new games are so tempting and shiny xp

I’m curious about it, but you’re right, vanilla Mafia II should still work and playing it again in first person and VR would still be amazing.

No hurries for a fix, I’d actually be more interested in full geometry Vulkan/dx12 support over any profile, I really think that supporting those would easily allow for selling it as a separate module and asking for 30-40$, I’d pay that and more.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.