Mafia II Overlay Problem

Home Forums Technical Support Mafia II Overlay Problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rob_F
    Participant

First of all, as a software developer myself thank you for developing VorpX! I know from personal experience that DLL hooks can be a bugger to get working right.

The problem I’m experiencing is that in Mafia II, the lockpicking overlay does not render correctly. What I’m getting is a polygon circle with no texture at the moment.

Is there a remedy for the problem? I may be able to offer assistance if the program is in C/C++/C#.

Polygon circle rendering bug

Thanks,
    Rob

Rob_F
    Participant

Update: I solved this. You just need to scale the HUD so that the lockpicking reticle lines up with the in-game map.

pintman
    Participant

How is MAfia 2 like to play in VR? Does it have a first person mode?

Rob_F
    Participant

Mafia II in VR is absolutely amazing. There is an incredible amount of detail, especially in the interior environments, that you can’t really appreciate outside of a VR headset.

The game requires you to pick locks however, and if you don’t do the Alt-Mousewheel trick the game is unplayable as you can’t get past the lockpicking sections. You also need to press Alt-K or the game won’t render properly.

Unfortunately it is a third person view game, but the camera follows the player pretty closely and it is an absolute joy to play in VR.

dellrifter22
    Participant

There is a basic first person camera mod I used years ago before vr which you could try to use in conjunction:

You’ll notice it’s not without it’s flaws but still kinda neat.

I seem to recall you can edit the camera distance some to possibly avoid that hair clipping. I might revisit this one day soon.

pintman
    Participant

Also are you Rob Fay from Coventry?

Rob_F
    Participant

Nope, Rob Field from Canada.

The first person mod looks neat, but ultimately the vehicle view is centered and not aligned to the eye position which is a must if you want the VR experience, IMHO.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.