Metro Exodus constantly crashing

Homepage Forums Technical Support Metro Exodus constantly crashing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vertixh
    Participant

I just got vorpX today and I was really enjoying it while it worked but now I’m constantly greeted by crashes. I am currently running in Immersive mode and I’m using a HP Reverb G2 with a 1080 Ti. With Full VR it always crashes no matter the setting and when in Immersive mode, G3D, Z-Normal or Z-Adaptive, it crashes the game the moment I’m in the world and then I’m back straight to SteamVR. Any way to solve this? I quite enjoy Full VR and FidelityFX (I can’t play without FidelityFX, wayy too blurry without) but it looks like the game doesn’t run stable no matter what I do.

It would devastate me knowing I just spent $47 to get vorpX just for it to be of no use in my system

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not sure if that’s related to your issue, but with some luck it is: SteamVR is only the second best option for Windows Mixed Reality headsets. Instead select OpenXR on the General page of the vorpX config app.

Caveat: unfortunately SteamVR tries to make itself your system’s OpenXR runtime each time it starts. That’s complete nonsense for WMR headsets, which have native OpenXR support. If the WMR portal complains on launch that it’s not set OpenXR runtime hit the ‘Repair’ button to make sure OpenXR works natively. SteamVR shouldn’t run at all when using vorpX in OpenXR mode with your G2.

vertixh
    Participant

I changed it to OpenXR, uninstalled SteamVR and that seemed to have some success. For once, I was able to play for longer than 10 minutes but this is only without FidelityFX or a custom resolution. With a high custom resolution the game runs smoothly for 4-5 minutes but then my headset/game crashes but honestly, I’m not sure which one is crashing, the headset just blacks out with a horizontal line in the center. One other problem that I’ve been facing from the start is that vorpX fails to hook most of the time and then gives me a blackscreen until I force close Metro by Task Manager (I can’t even tab out or see task manager. I just use the arrow keys and go to the top most executable and end tasks blindly) I could only really get vorpX to hook to Metro when it says that the last launch was unsuccessful (ending it via Task Manager) and it prompts me to use safe mode then after a few seconds I see vorpX saying that it is attaching to Metro while I’m still on that prompt, click no and then it finally works. I’ve also tried the alternative hooking method but it didn’t work

vertixh
    Participant

Seems to be doing the same thing on Genshin Impact now. Immersive mode with 3840×2400 custom res that works fine for 10-15 mins but then WMR blacks out from what I can tell

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!