Red Dead Redemption 2 coming to PC in November!!

Home Forums General vorpX Discussion Red Dead Redemption 2 coming to PC in November!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dellrifter22
    Participant

Don’t know about anyone else, but I’m stoked by this news. Finally!

I’m really hoping to experience this in vorpX, so I’m holding my breath it’s not dx12 only or has some restrictive drm.

Pretty exciting! Have a nice day all.

steph12
    Participant

would be great indeed to be able to play it in VR with vorpx šŸ˜€

dborosev
    Participant

Oh man, this would be an amazing vorpX game.

matteo39
    Participant

Maybe we can use gta5 profile!

dborosev
    Participant

After watching this 10/10 review, I am beyond excited for this. And glad dellrifter is on the case. Between him and RJK, theres some serious vorpX brainpower.

dborosev
    Participant

This sounds promising. Seem like the same engine they used for GTA5.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Advanced_Game_Engine

Ralf
    Keymaster

The Rockstar engine is being called Rage for ages, doesn’t mean much. They changed so many things with every major game that personally I would be surprised if the GTA V profile would be of any use. At this point it’s not even clear if they still support DX11 as far as I’m aware. So don’t get overy excited yet.

dellrifter22
    Participant

While an odd site here or there adds windows 8 (not dx12 capable) to the compatible list, the official requirements only mention 7 and 10 (same as Modern Warfare).

This makes me a little nervous, though I’m trying to be optimistic about the Rockstar official requirements page leading with the phrase “Red Dead Redemption 2 has been specifically developed to perform on a wide range of machines”.

There are info rumors derived from data mining that reference both dx11 and dx12 support, including ultra settings and features. I have no doubt there will indeed be support for 12, I just hope the 11 part is true also.

Counting the days for it myself. Apart from perhaps the new Jedi game, this is the only game I’m looking forward to anymore this holiday. Almost as excited as I was for Witcher 3. It’s too late Ralf šŸ˜‰ . Would be pretty awesome if it can work in vorpX!

dborosev
    Participant

I’m with you dellrifter22, I don’t think I’ve been as excited for a game. Maybe cyberpunk 2077 is tied with this. šŸ™‚
    We’ll have to wait and see. I’m sure whatever can be done will be done, so we can only hope and pray.

coppermine64
    Participant

Yep, can’t wait. TBH, even if it doens’t want to work with VX, I’m still stoked to be able to play it on PC with those graphics ramped up as far as my 2080ti will let it.

jjensson
    Participant

Counting the days for it myself. Apart from perhaps the new Jedi game, this is the only game Iā€™m looking forward to anymore this holiday. Almost as excited as I was for Witcher 3.

Haha, we seem to have the same taste in games. I can’t wait to play Jedi: Fallen Order, and Red Dead Redemption 2 is also on my list of the best games of 2019.

It would be a tragedy if those two games don’t work in VorpX, because there is almost nothing new worthwhile to play these days.

That said, there is guy (i think his name is Luke Ross) on Reddit who just published a VR mod for GTA5 that works without VorpX. He also said that it should be theoretically possible to do the same thing for RDR2. Don’t nail me on the details, but those infos are quite fresh and can be found on the Oculus and VirtualReality reddits.

jjensson
    Participant

Correction: Not Luke Ross said that about RDR2, but the possibility remains. šŸ™‚

nieda113
    Participant

everyone knows that gta5 modding is a drag. Constant update from rockstar breaking ur modded game…….Too bad.

Jesustilloves
    Participant

If vorpx gets a profile with directvr I will get rdd2.

Jesusaves! Romans 8:28

dborosev
    Participant

I know it doesn’t mean much coming from one site, but this site lists dx11 as minimum requirement for RDR2 in the bottom section.
    https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=9339&game=Red%20Dead%20Redemption%202

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.